White's Featured Customer Stories
1st gold of the year Thanks again White's So many coins TWO GOOD WEEKENDS Burlington Northern Rail Road Buckle

Thread: Eclipse 5.3 vs. the Eclipse Shooter DD (4x6) coil?

Detectors
    M6 Prizm V

Eclipse 5.3 vs. the Eclipse Shooter DD (4x6) coil?

I'm thinking about getting either the Eclipse 5.3 or the Eclipse Shooter DD (4x6) coil for my M6. Is there a difference in performance between these two coils? Why would I choose one over the other? The only advantage of the 4x6 would be detecting between narrow objects. Or, is there something else I'm missing.

Best,
    Brian

Detectors
    M6

Re: Eclipse 5.3 vs. the Eclipse Shooter DD (4x6) coil?

Gopher. Great question, there's been a ton of discussion on it in the past. If you wanted to check it out in depth (no pun intended), go to "General discussion" and type 4x6 into the search engine. In the mean time, here's the latest thread that pretty much covers your question...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,10353.0.html

Indy!
    “Today’s the Day!” Motto of Mel Fisher, world's most famous Greatest Treasure Hunter

Detectors
    M6 Prizm V

Hi Indy. Thanks for the info. I did a search but didn't put in the correct search words.....I think that may be important.

Anyways, I did find that thread but only by viewing "Whos In" and I saw someone else reading it.

Thanks again for the reply. I'm going to work on my typing and search form skills now.

Best,
    Brian

I really like my 4x6DD Shooter so I can't see any sense in getting the 5.3 even if it does go deeper, the 4x6 really surprised me on some of the targets I was digging, it gets right down there a way's. I never expected the coil to go as deep as it does when I bought it, I mainly bought it for really trashy areas and it does work.

Silver Member
    Detectors
    MXT, Prizm 6T, Classic III coinmaster,DeLeon, SSµmax, Eldorado

I agree with giant 056. I have both, but in trashy areas I really prefer the 4X6. If I hadn't bought a slightly used MXT that happened to come with both coils, I probably wouldn't purchase the 5.3. I did add a 6X10 and it slips thru trash better than the 9.5. Between it and the 4X6 I seldom use the others. That doesn't mean I don't like the 5.3, it just isn't my first choice.
    HH
    Bill

Detectors
    Whites 6000D GarrettA2b Minelab FT 1600 Minelab Sovereign Fisher 1265X Whites PI 1000 Whites Surfmaster PI 1000 Garrett gold stinger Minelab Excalibur Minelab E Track Minelab SD2200D Minelab Explorer Garrett Infinium Whites MXT Whites MXT PRO Whites Spectra V3I

Gother through the generosity of Whites i managed to get 4x6 DD shooter free and i can tell you that the few times i have used it i'm impressed with its performance for a small coil it goes deep, i had a good 9 inches on the dry beach sand and i when i used it in the bush littered with cans it sniffed out a lot of coins Yes i would recommend it to everyone....