Thread: Anyone try Clive Clynick's Ring Enhancement Programs?

Detectors
    White's Eagle Spectrum

Anyone try Clive Clynick's Ring Enhancement Programs?

Finally received some rain the past week so I have now made the 3rd attempt at understanding this program. I am trying to exceed my usual 3-4 rings per year. In the fall and winter is when I hunt most. This program of his takes plenty of practice, and I understand the concept of good audio and tight vdi swaying no more than one or two numbers either direction from the hinge, or center vdi response. I am using the Townley set up, mentioned in the book, and am going to make a few discriminating changes in the future, maybe dropping the low 30s. It's been fun so far, but I believe a few changes might work better. I also accept 81-94, so a search without gold may still yield clad and silver.

Anyone tried this program, and later modified it to better suit them? Please share; I am looking for the best possibilities. I'll keep you informed as the summer and fall progress. Thanks and HH all.

Detectors
    XLT - E series, Sunray probe

Re: Anyone try Clive Clynick's Ring Enhancement Programs?

Hi. I have a few of his books, but have never tried any of his programs yet. I often wonder if his programming numbers are the same for the new machines out? (if there's any difference, his books are alittle older)??

I should give it a go. I just hate discriminating out stuff. You read too many times here the stuff that's pulled out in low VDIs, etc.
    The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text, change my shoes or finish applying my mascara

Detectors
    White's Eagle Spectrum

It should work on the xlt as the settings are close. On the DFX I don't know. I would think that the process works on any of them, with the same disc. settings. I am just now trying it myself.

Detectors
    DFX, Golden uMax, Eldorado, Troy X5

I believe that he has a book out now that covers the DFX. When I had the XLT I did have the book for that detector. Can't say I ever took the time to really understand the program.
    BW
    BW

Detectors
    TDI Pro w/stock coil

That is how I found my first couple of rings ring with the DFX. None of any value still waiting on the next ring find. I don't always feel comfortable with it, so I hunt awhile with it and then go back to another program with tweaks......I believe he mentioned something about hunting with it and then switching after awhile......
    And it shall come to pass that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Banned

I am not sure why you need a book to find rings. What you need is a metal detector Silver rings for the most part show up as dimes or quarters. Gold rings are tough. Best thing is to use a couple of different size gold rings and sweep your machine over them you will see what I mean. all different readings. I am no expert by any means But I like to set my DFX to accept + 5 to +94 You pick the VDI numbers and dig away. Some times it's fun to dig iron junk, so I accept lower numbers. There are about another 100 settings to mess with on a DFX I won't go there.