Just ordered a XLT 1.1 Should arrive tomorrow

Hi , I just ordered a whites XLT 1.1 from a dealer here in the UK <Dealer>, 3 month warranty it should arrive tomorrow . I wanted one with the standard concentric coil and this has the one with a rainbow sticker on, i really like detecting and pinpointing in general with a concentric coil , the one on my Whites M6 was a pleasure to use .

looking forward to when the beach gets busy and may give it a go on the damp sand with Fox’s settings and ground balancing on the wet . Hope the rainbow sticker coil is similar to the 950 as it worked really well on the m6.

gonna go and read the manual I downloaded now.

gonna be an exciting day tomorrow .

will it be possible to air test it in the house if I can’t get out . Thanks ...Paul
    Last edited by rchalker; 03-14-2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Remove Dealer Name

That's awesome! I hope you find something great. Don't forget to share your finds with us here on the forum. We'd love to see what you're finding with your XLT. Also, the coil you are speaking of with the rainbow sticker. That is the 950 coil. Good luck and happy hunting.

Rodney
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Thanks Rodney , I always wanted one about 2000 , they were the big thing then so I finally have one . Used to be a few people use them on a tourist beach when I was there with my bounty hunter fast tracker in 2000

The XLT is still a great detector even up to todays standards. You should do really well with it.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Congrats on the purchase, I too hope you find lots of great stuff.

Take the time to learn that XLT and you'll never be "outgunned and surrounded" by ANY other detector !! And that rainbow coil will work fine on wet / dry sand. If you run into a lot of EMI, your "goto" defense is Frequency Offset with XLT.

If you have XLT questions, holler. We're here to help !! Good luck and good hunting!!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

My 2 worth: I've got several Whites machines and have always felt the 6.59 KHz machines do a super job. I recently dusted off the XLT for a site where my MXT did not seem to handle the Chromite mine waste and metallic coal. The XLT cut through it and found the old coins. Went back to the same site today and found more old coins with the XLT. You won't be disappointed.

Awesome thanks so much all of you for such a warm welcome. Gonna really enjoy looking through the manual and watching the whites videos on YouTube while I’m waiting for it. A big factor in me getting it was support on forums like this and the excellent customer service from whites themselves , on the Uk MD forums over here , someone recently got a great deal on getting one fixed/serviced etc and prices were reasonable over in sweet home Inverness Scotland ��. This is gonna be a great detecting season