Models in the DFX series

Hi I recently sold my M6 like a numbskull to put money towards another acquisition , I am now missing it and am saving up for a DFX as I wanted one a few years ago

what actual models of DFX have been produced eg from early to late , I am sure there are different versions .

i already have a book on the dfx by James Clynick. From beginner to advanced. Also got a book coming by a guy called bailey from the Uk.

i loved the pinpointing on the M6 and am assuming the DFX is very similar. It is so spot on , right in the middle of the 950 coil and it is easy to visualise when searching as the beep seems to match up with the coil centre unlike other detectors I guess I am just used to it .

anyway if someone could point out to me which are newer and older models would be most grateful. Thank you all.

Paul Devon England . Ps I am mainly looking for coins jewellery on the beach

I also like the XLT which is a bit more affordable and can be got from a reliable dealer used. Would this be any good with Foxks beach program in damp/wet sand , I imagine it would excel in the dry . If it was as good as the M6 in the wet that would be acceptable .
    i wonder how many notches it has in disc compared to the 191 in the DFX? I like the learn feature on both detectors and block edit

There is only one DFX, and there were no firmware upgrades either. It was "perfection" from the outset. DFX and XLT share a lot of features. Both have 191 notches. The biggest diff is, of course, the dual freq (3/15Khz) feature of the DFX.

Note' bene': DFX always transmits / receive BOTH frequencies. When you select 3 or 15Khz "single frequency" mode, you are actually selecting which freq you want to see data / hear audio from.

The other BIG DFX feature is Correlate mode, which really helps with iron rejection.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Excellent Fox , thanks so much for your reply . I think I may seriously consider an XLT to get back into it especially if the dealers one is in great condition , they seem very reasonable to service too in the Scotland factory . I will keep saving and see what appears .
    i do enjoy coinshooting on the dry a lot when the warmer weather brings the visitors . I used to dream of an XLT around 2000 when I had a bounty hunter fast tracker , I ended up then buying a Fisher CZ 6 which although being a good machine I never took to. It always comes down to pinpointing and how you can visualise where the item is as the machine beeps. The whites is the only one I ever felt comfy with after the BH , you really can get it accurate to the small hole in the middle of the coil. Probably down to fast recovery speed

thanks for your help Fox you can be sure I will announce on here when I get another whites machine , hopefully real soon. Happy hunting ...... Paul

The XLT was a flagship unit. Learn it, and you will be well rewarded !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.