Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Foggy here this morning. So much so that NWS issued a "Dense Fog" alert for the area ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

It's a warm 41F here this wonderful Monday afternoon. They're calling for around 60F on Thursday. That's going to feel nice.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

60's and 70's predicted here for the next 7 days here! Now I have to get over this cold lol.

Just finished mowing, edging, bagging, etc. 84 degrees .... Thankfully, a little breeze ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Sounds like a great day in Central Florida Fox.

We have 1 to 1.5 feet of snow over frozen ground that can't soak up moisture. Temp today was low 40's, next three days high 40's and mid 50's, with possible 2 to 3 inches of rain. My driveway and unpaved streets are already a mess and going to get worse. On my house we have 3 downspouts on the south side that run underground downhill about 100 feet to an opening and I don't worry too much about those. But on the north side, which is the uphill side, the 3 downspouts run underground only 20 feet and exit into a low swale which takes runoff over ground, down along the driveway and then under the drive though a culvert. The underground exit is iced up so my wife and I disconnected the downspouts and rigged them up to dump directly into the swale. Then we cleared snow off the swale to make sure water can go where we want it. Most winters we don't have a problem, but this hasn't been a normal winter. Long range forecast looks like 40's and 50's. This looooong winter is finally coming to an end. LTD

LTD: I hope you get some warm weather soon !! You have really been hit hard !! Good luck, keep warm and stay safe !!

Wow LTD, I hope it doesn't get too warm too fast. That way you don't get flooded. I know when we have a lot of snow and a warm front hits us it can get real bad real fast. Good luck sir.

Slow drizzle here this AM, but its a mid-70's day ....

Good luck to all those in the path of the "Bomb Cyclone" heading thru the Midwest .... Never heard of a "Bomb Cyclone" until today .... Be safe !!

A what? That's a different name!!! I never heard of one of those myself. Interesting!

It has already claimed one life in Colorado. A LEO was killed by a car alongside the road .... Terrible ...

Cold and wet here in England , storm Gareth over us at moment , blossoms on the magnolia trees are doing well though, they usually appear and get blown to shreds and end up on the floor before you can enjoy them

I can't believe it, it hit 71F here today. It was nice to go outside in shorts and a t-shirt. The high for Saturday is only 27F. Once again with snow in the forecast too. Bla bla bla!!!

Well we got through it OK, mostly. We had over an inch of rain here, the so called "bomb cyclone" stayed NW of us. My friend in SE Wyoming got 15 inches of snow. That much rain on top of a foot of snow over frozen ground adds up to a lot of runoff. I have a foot deep rut along west side of driveway and tomorrow I'll get the tractor out and start damage repair. But many people are a lot worse off, with flooded basements or worse, and some have had to abandon homes due to flooding. But I see 60 degree temps long range. Spring and MD season will soon be here. LTD

Glad to here you are okay LTD. That was quite the storm. I had the weaker part of the storms come through a few hours ago. It even blocked the satellite signal which doesn’t happen very often. I got lucky that’s all that happened.

LTD: Glad you fared well in the storm .... I saw several stories about the damage and flooding .... Stay safe !!

Yes it was not very good here with that last storm. It brought warm temps in the 50s and melted up 2 2 foot of snow with rain on top and frozen ground. Lots of water in basements and the streets are horrendous for huge pot holes. good news is most of the snow is gone and maybe 60 a week from today. Glad yur ok LTD out there as I seen lots of flooding west of Omaha on the news.

My driveway is going to take a lot of work. On west side I have a ditch 150 feet long, 18 inches wide and a foot deep. Worked on filling the ditch today but got too muddy and soft. It's going to stay muddy until the frost goes out of the ground and water can finally soak in. The flood potential rivals any flooding we've had in recent years. In 2010, the Elkhorn and Platte rivers flooded, and in 2011 the Missouri River stayed above flood stage for 3.5 months. Now all of them are flooding at the same time, and it happened so fast people are being taken by surprise. It's a real mess. LTD

Good luck to all you folks out there LTD!!

That's terrible LTD. I hope things get better with those river levels. I live near a small river and it over flows every few years. I remember one year the water was approximately 15 feet over normal levels. We have a main state road we use to get to places that was closed for nearly a month because the water was 10 feet above the pavement.

I'm in no danger of flooding at my place, but the Missouri River is just east of me and is over its banks. Roads are closed and we drive west to go anywhere. Flooding is worse than normal because the Elk Horn-Platte rivers to the west and the Missouri are all flooding at the same time, which doesn't usually happen. A lot of towns to the west are completely cut off with no way in or out. Hope they have plenty of groceries and beer.LTD

Looks like we've found the corner!! Good weather, still cool, but improving to the dry 60s mid week.

Should spread east and improve it for you pretty soon too.

Snow's leaving fairly slowly and soaking in. I heard the seasonal creek below my house today, just started running.

Dig planned for Wednesday.

We woke up to rain and a 20 degree temp drop, but nothing like those folks are sufferin' .... I'm glad things are startin' to look better for you Gus. Glad too that you're OK LTD !! This has surely been a spring that "comes in like a lion" !! Hope your wx continues to improve !!

When I look outside it's so sunny and bright. It looks like it's 70F out there but it's really only 30F. It's going to be in the fifties at the end of the week. I can live with that at this time of the year.

Rod: Sun is always a good sign !!

Yes sir, it makes this 30F day feel a lot better too. It was about the same temperature yesterday and the sun was hiding above the clouds. It felt very cold outside.

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    Rod: Sun is always a good sign !!
    it has a psychological affect on lots of people, me included, after several dreary, cloudy, cold days I'm always tickled to see the sunshine
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

I agree with you Bass .... !!

Rain off and on all day. Wind gusting 20 - 30 MPH. Craziness. Rain for tomorrow then sun and rising temps ....

Best thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the massive flooding in the Midwest ....

The weather is good here today. Going to be 45F tomorrow.

Tommorow.... 60!!! Snow mostly gone.

Dig day!!!! Finally !!

Good luck Gus !! Lookin' forward to seein' you post some good finds. We're scheduled for rain and wind again today ....