Does this make sense?

Setting my own custom program, I couldn’t understand why my dfx was jumping all over with the vid numbers.
    Then I set it to read 15 kHz and bam! The whole machine seemed to stabilize. I love it now!

Please explain to me what I did.

Yes, this makes lots of sense. You are running in a single frequency modes. Try setting up the DFX to run in dual frequency mode. I think you will like the DFX even more.

When you run the DFX in single frequency mode it can knock the VDI off a little on certain targets.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I expect that what happened is that you were / are in a high EMI area. The 3Khz channel is the most susceptible to EMI. When you deselected the 3Khz audio, you got rid of most of the chatter. Remember - DFX always TX / RX both 3 and 15Khz. You simply select what AUDIO you want to hear - 3Khz, 15Khz or both.

There's also a chance that you have an issue in the 3Khz audio channel. If you can find a place free of EMI, try running dual freq again. If your machine is stable, you'll know it was an EMI issue. If not, you could have a problem in the box, or less likely, in the coil.

Also, check the VDIs for a quarter and a nickel in all three modes. The VDIs for each coin should be nearly identical. EG: A nickel should read 18 - 20 in all 3 modes, and a quarter should read 80 - 85 in all 3 modes due to the Normalization process. If one frequency's VDI is "off", you have an issue with that freq channel. That's a box issue and needs repair if you want to enjoy the benefits of dual freq ops.

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thank you for your help guys.
    In testing, the vdi numbers are all spot on. So, it seems to be an EMI issue. Running the 15k audio is much more stable for me. And she’s hitting 7-8” coins with good vdi as well.
    Very happy with that!
    Last edited by DonnyD; 02-09-2019 at 02:15 PM.

That's great news. I hope you find something awesome soon. Don't forget to post your finds on the forum.

You bet I will Rich!
    Frozen here in Michigan right now

It's a muddy mess here in NE Ohio. The snow insulated the ground from freezing. I would rather it be muddy than snow but the snow is coming again. Going to be getting up to 3 inches in a couple days.