Thread: Program Library

Program Library

Hi Y'all. Long time member, first post. Been out of metal detecting for about 10 years. Just retired and getting back into it!! Previously used, and still have an XLT. Purchased a V3i last October. Used it about a month before cold weather hit. Was starting to get the hang of it. What an Awesome detector!! Been reading everything I can on it this winter. Waiting on warm weather, so I can get out and really start learning.

I have a question on the Program Library:

What is the advantage for storing a program in the Library? I mean, when detector is off and battery removed, any "normally" stored program will be there when you start it up. So why store it in the Library? Maybe I am missing something.

Thank You

You can have various versions of the same basic program. EG: C&J 3-freq, Best Data. Same but with Correlate. Same but with Correlate / Single Freq. Same but with Mixed Mode .... etc, etc, etc. Also, once you change programs, the one you had been using but didn't save is lost.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Fox said it... the library is where you save a program for you don't lose it. Also you can save a program there that you have made all the changes to like colors of the screen, live menu in the order you want, and other settings you just want to have in a particular order. Than you use this program to start all your new programs to tweak. If you don't do this then you will spend more time building programs from scratch than you want too.

Here's a link to a video you might like on saving and copying programs.
    https://youtu.be/F-V_HxVILDg
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Thanks Guys!!!! That helps me understand how it is used better!!!

Hi guys,

New here. Couldn't create a new topic (an error occurs all the time). I've been searching for the guides and tutorials on program saving and copying. Thanks for the link. Are there any other tips (for beginners)? I'm an engineering geek, but actually a newbie in metal detecting.

Wecome Terry !! You should be able to start a thread now. If you want tips on just getting started in the hobby, go to the Whites website and look thru the "Detecting 101" section: https://www.whiteselectronics.com/detecting-101/

1. You need to decide WHAT area of the hobby you want to get into: Coins/Jewelry, Relics, Beach Hunting, Prospecting or General (a bit of everything)
    2 That decision will point you to the "family" of detectors that will best suit your choic
    3. Then you'll choose a machine that will fit your budget and your needs
    4. Then you'll read the manual a few times, learn the features and functions of your detector, and practice, practice, practice

The Whites website "Product" section is organized in a fashion that will help you make choices: https://www.whiteselectronics.com/pr...ctors/?lang=us

And of course, if you choose Whites, you have the resources of this forum to ensure that any and all questions you might have about getting the most out of your machine are addressed.

Good luck !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

welcome aboard
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, guys!

Very helpful stuff in the How-to Videos of the Detecting 101 section. I want to try a bit of everything - all the time digging something in the realms of engineering and physics. That's why I'm a bit confused now, cause there's a lot of material and information and who knows where it can lead me to.

Thanks again,
    Terry

Is there a limit to the number of programs that can be saved?

You only need a few different programs that you load up and tweak to hunt pretty much anywhere. Here is a page I found saying 99.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chart1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	112740

One program or two for C&J, one for the beach, one or two for Relics, and one for Hi Trash should cover 99% of your needs, unless you prospect as well. The "two part" is one for Best Data and a version running Correlate Mode with different Wrap and Span settings.

If you are gonna start a library of custom programs, I recommend you start with C&J. Set that one up and use it as the baseline for all your other programs.

Good luck !!
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 03-14-2019 at 05:13 AM.