Clubs finds of the year awards

Today was our clubs find of the year awards. You must have had the find of the month during the last 12 months to enter. There are 7 different categories to enter. I almost 25 entries through out the year. I took first in one category and 2nd in 4 others. My buddy took 2 seconds he also uses the Sport. Plus another Whites user took a 1st and second. Not bad for Hites users. This got me a silver round and 4 sliver halves. Thanks to Whites for building quality detectors

Congrats on your winnings. That's one way to get big silver.

That sounds awesome. I’m glad your White’s detector is working as good as it is. I hope you find lots more finds with it.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Good on ya !! Hope you have a banner year in '19. BZ !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Congrats sir.

that awesome that you placed as well as you did, and great that Whites users were among the top winners. what's even more awesome is that you have a club where you and your friends can, hunt, share knowledge, get together for a meal, and have lots of fun, doing what you already do for fun, I wish there was a club like that near me way over here on the east side of the nation
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Quote Originally Posted by bassplugger View Post
    that awesome that you placed as well as you did, and great that Whites users were among the top winners. what's even more awesome is that you have a club where you and your friends can, hunt, share knowledge, get together for a meal, and have lots of fun, doing what you already do for fun, I wish there was a club like that near me way over here on the east side of the nation
    Bass: Here's a start. Good luck.

Eastern North Carolina Metal Detecting Guild
    Metal Detecting Association of the Carolinas
    Old North State Detectorists Club
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

All: You can Google "Metal Detecting Clubs" and get a bunch of hits, some listed by states. Some will be old and no longer operating. You'll just have to follow the link to see what's what.

Also, check with your local dealer for club info. Finally, if you have enough friends in the hobby, start your own and set up a free website.

Hope this is helpful ....

thanks Fox
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Welcome !! Hope you can find a club. If you do, just keep in mind that they can be good or bad. I've seen some that were really cliquey. Beware too of the "club expert" that will be happy to tell you what you're doin' wrong. And those that want you to share your good spots, but never share theirs.

Good luck !!

I don't care for metal detecting clubs. I never get to hunt because one person after the next keep asking me questions about how to dig, how to pinpoint, how to ground balance, how how how, why is my target not in the middle of my plug. It gets old after a while. I like to stick to the one on one teaching. Much easier than a bunch of people coming over to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    I don't care for metal detecting clubs. I never get to hunt because one person after the next keep asking me questions about how to dig, how to pinpoint, how to ground balance, how how how, why is my target not in the middle of my plug. It gets old after a while. I like to stick to the one on one teaching. Much easier than a bunch of people coming over to me.
    I love helping new members learn how to do it right. I’ve always enjoyed being a trainer in the military and now as a corrections officer. If we don’t teach others to protect the sport then more places will be off limits. I’ve met some good digging partners through the club. I agree they are clique ish. But the best thing is to see what others are digging.

Congrats on your awards. A little silver makes a nice prize. LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdog View Post
    I love helping new members learn how to do it right. I’ve always enjoyed being a trainer in the military and now as a corrections officer. If we don’t teach others to protect the sport then more places will be off limits. I’ve met some good digging partners through the club. I agree they are clique ish. But the best thing is to see what others are digging.
    I love helping people too but not too many at a time. It's just everyone brings over a different type of detector. I have noticed too, the V3i it's an attention grabber. I get people asking me how to use it and how well it works. I talk to people at the parks all the time and I offer to take them out detecting. I show them the basics for about an hour and then I help them when they need it. I really enjoy getting new people involved in the hobby. But when I went to Club meets, I find that some people are lazy. Meaning they don't do the research on their machines. They don't know how to use them. I can't tell you how many times I had someone ask me how to use their AT Pro. I don't know anything about Garrett machines. I tell them to get a White's and I'll show them the world. I do honestly believe these are truly good people at these meets. I don't know what it is about metal detecting, but it really attracts good hearted people.

I enjoy the one-on-one training best as well. When I was SE Regional Rep I put on training seminars for Dealers and Clubs alike. 4 - 6 hour PowerPoint presentations for a new product release, including hands on and Q&A sessions. But it was, and still is, the satisfaction from seeing that "ah-ha" moment when a person finally "gets it", and understands how a feature / function "really works" and how and when to employ it.

I usually train one on one. If you give me a detector and the manual I usually will be proficient with it in about 20 hours of usage. However I get frustrated when people refuse to listen and try what I’m telling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdog View Post
    I usually train one on one. If you give me a detector and the manual I usually will be proficient with it in about 20 hours of usage. However I get frustrated when people refuse to listen and try what I’m telling them.
    Frustrated... You and me both!

I found most people never take free advice. In fact some don't take it even when they pay for it. The desire to learn and the initiative has to come from within. Most learning I found is actually self-taught. Then you are open to increased knowledge, testing recommendations, and analyzing advice. I don't teach. Come to me with the desire and the basic understanding and I will go out of my way to help.
    Last edited by Eastcoastdigs; 01-11-2019 at 03:28 AM.

I have run across a few of those Mack. After about 30 minutes you know you'd be more successful teachin' a bushel of oysters "River Dance" ....