Dual Field coil protectant

My Dual Field has had Two coils replaced. It is not even three years old. Now warranty has expired. I was told that pin holes can develop in the Epoxy which holds the top and bottom coils when it is used in a salty environment, causing water to penetrate the coil causing it to fail. Isn't this designed to be used in or around salt water? Flex Seal comes to mind. Has anyone dipped the coil into liquid "Flex Seal" or sprayed "Flex Seal Aerosol" onto the coil to give it added protection. I have always had a coil cover on it but it doesn't cover the Epoxy layer. If it should fail again, I won't be sending it in for repair

Well so far I have seen people using Plasti Dip, and the latest thing was liner coat. The liner coating is really tough stuff. Plasti Dip is not tough at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51faIH4gl4L.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	112488
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Thanks for the tip! That should make it Bomb Proof

That's probably the truth too. My friend used this stuff to coat all the handles of his tools and it is really strong. We work on live electrical wires all the time. This stuff works great on tools like pliers and to coat screw driver shafts.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

As to your original comment .... I have seen some BHID coils that had water intrusion around the coil connector, but I haven't run across the instance where salt water damaged the epoxy on my or other beach machines I have seen some that are used so hard that the sand has literally eroded the coil, but again, I don't know if I'd give a lot of credence to the "salt water damaging the epoxy" theory. But, I guess anything's possible.

FWIW: When I'm done with a beach hunt I always give my detector a fresh water rinse / wipe down.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.