Thread: This is weird

This is weird

Yesterday I was out hunting with my DFX using the 950 coil and all was fine. Then, I decided to try my super 12 concentric coil for the first time. Hooked it up, chose my custom program , ground balanced and then got a steady buzzing noise. I know thatís not good. The strangest part is that when I reconnected the 950, the DFX wouldnít even sound off on a coin on the surface.
    Once home, I re entered my custom program and all seems to be fine. But now Iím worried about her. Hopefully its the 12Ē coil with an issue and not only the box?

Welcome !! I'd try that Super 12 again and see if you can duplicate the problem. Did you turn the detector off when you changed coils ? Check the connector on the box and on both coils for loose / bent pins.

Also, if it happens again, pull the battery pack with power on. Wait a minute then restart. This is a "hard reset" ....

Keep us posted !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I'm with Fox.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I did the hard reset a couple of times. I haven't tried the 12" coil again yet. Kind of scared to. Lol. I will try it again and see. Seems like it totally freaked out the machine.
    Thanks for your expertise guys. 🙂