Thread: where do begin

where do begin

three weeks ago while planning my daughter's engagement party I was dealing with a severe headache for a few days.....I never made the event because of the shape I was in and when Ileen came home with her fiance, one look and I was out the door to the hospital..first CT done, bleeding on the brain! now the big question, why....no recent traumas, no injuries, all I could say was I felt three little pops in the back of my neck.....next thing I know, I am being transferred to another hospital for MRI....so, there is a new procedure that is less invasive, they go thru the groin to the bleed and seal off the vessels....I was the 15th person to have this done! so far so good, right? nope....heart murmur....I now have acute aortic stenosis and valve needs to be replaced! I am in so much head pain at this point, on blood thinners, pain meds, anti seizure meds, muscle relaxers....insulin because now my blood sugars are out of control!! Bottom line, I need the valve replaced and soon.... the problems, I will need to be on mega blood thinners but neuro has to clear me for that because of the procedure that was just done and we need another CT to make sure healing.....then the approach....I would be the youngest person to have the valve replaced thru the groin and it has to be cleared thru DC because the procedure is still in the clinical trial stage....the other approach, open heart surgery....so, now I have to start the process of getting all my ducks lined up in a row and try to get the procedure thru the groin....and that's it....
    *************************** To errr is human.....To arrr is Pirate **************************

Hi My Fellow TH'er Sandals
    I am so sorry to hear of all your medical issues. Gosh, it sure seems as if you have had more than your share of issues over the years. My Prayers are with you always.

Best thoughts and prayers your way Sandals !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

You like me have bad luck when it comes down to having health issues. I really feel your pain and fear. I’ll keep you in my prayers San.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

My problems are trivial compared to what you are going through. I hope the best for you. Take care. LTD

Best wishes for a successful procedure. We are fortunate that medical procedures have advanced considerably.

Praying that you will get the go ahead to do the procedure and everything falls into place for you.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Tough news but sounds like a good plan is being made for you. Wishing all the best for you and a speedy recovery.

Best wishes for a fast recovery! Hope all goes well!

so so sorry. Praying that all goes well with you
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Keep your head up. My buddy as a kid had a valve replaced with basically Nike rubber and chicken wire through open heart surgery. First in the world to survive that type of surgery. And since then has had a pig valve to replace the rubber and chicken wire. There is always hope!

My neighbor had the "pig valve" replacement. He has been goin' strong for about 5 years years. Works part time, plays golf, does yard work ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    My neighbor had the "pig valve" replacement. He has been goin' strong for about 5 years years. Works part time, plays golf, does yard work ....
    Wow! That's amazing.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    Isn't it amazing what they can do medically now? My buddy ended up still playing sports, even wrestling. Also owned his own landscaping business.

Oh my. Prayers all goes well and quick healing.

Sandals,
    Best wishes for a healthy outcome and prayers sent for all affected by this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!