One More Help Video - For the V3i

Here's another help video. This one goes over saving, copying, renaming, and everything else you can think of with a program. This video took some time to make. I put a table of contents at the beginning so after watching it you can go back to a topic of interest without watching the whole video again. I hope this helps many of you out that are having a difficult time saving and recovering programs.

https://youtu.be/F-V_HxVILDg

Rodney
    Last edited by rchalker; 11-25-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Nice video Rod !! Lot of time and effort here !! I'm sure it will help a lot of folks, especially those just starting out with the V3i. Thanks !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Hi My Fellow TH'er RChalker
    WOW! This is what I had asked Whites to do ten years ago! I got rid of my V3i as the user's manual did not explain the 'How to' part. I guess they just expected everyone to do a trial and error method. Now if someone could do this for the MX-Sport! (Suttle Hint here!). Thank you for taking the time to put this together for those using the V Series detectors. Good luck to all TH'ers! ;-)

Yeah Fox, the time invested was more than I thought it was going to be. I've been working on this since we talked about it two months ago. I haven't worked on it everyday but still have many many hours in to this video. "You were right when you said this would take up some time." In the beginning, I never thought I'd end up with nearly 30 minutes of video but I did. I had to cut many of the examples out because the video was going over an hour. There's a lot to go over with this being only one section of the V3i menu. Oh, and I wasn't going to narrate the video but it was too hard to follow without it. It's easier watching the right half of the screen only. I can't imagine doing a whole video manual on this machine. It would probably total into several hours of video and invested hours I don't even want to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by THing4CSA View Post
    Hi My Fellow TH'er RChalker
    WOW! This is what I had asked Whites to do ten years ago! I got rid of my V3i as the user's manual did not explain the 'How to' part. I guess they just expected everyone to do a trial and error method. Now if someone could do this for the MX-Sport! (Suttle Hint here!). Thank you for taking the time to put this together for those using the V Series detectors. Good luck to all TH'ers! ;-)
    Well sir, if I do get a Sport, I'll be sure to make some videos.

thanks for the video Rodney It sure would have been nice to had it back in 2010 when I first got my V3i. Kinda jogs my memory after so many years of learning it the hard way. Thanks for the time you have invested here
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Tell me about it BP. LOL!!! When you watch this video, it's hard to believe all the different ways White's gives us to save, copy, restore, and save default values to. They really thought of it all when they wrote the programing. I think much of it just confuses people. I'm just glad I made this video with a table of contents. Having a 27+ minutes video can be a lot to watch each time when you only want to know one thing. I just hope people understand the difference in the Loaded Program, Library Program, and the Default Values. The saved Default Values is something I could have got more in detailed with but I thought it was more important to learn how to save to the Library.

My YouTube channel is getting a lot of viewers with just these few instructional videos. The first one is really getting a lot of views. I haven't made any forum thread a "Sticky" yet. I was trying to wait for the making of more videos first. If I keep getting request to make them a sticky before I get more videos made then I guess I will have to list it.

Getting videos made, I'm finding is very time consuming. This last video I worked on it when I could and it took over nearly two months. I had to cut more than half the video due to the reason, it's was just too long. I originally had all kinds of examples how to do things. One thing I hated to cut was how the Default Values work and how to take advantage of them. I will have to show that in another video later.

Well Sir, thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Well sir, if I do get a Sport, I'll be sure to make some videos.
    you can borrow mine!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bogdan "Don" Pieniak

Thanks for the offer Don. Maybe someday.