Please reduce the weight.

For 3 years I was an XLT user and Whites fan as my detecting friends would attest. Unfortunately my shoulders would no longer let me swing my XLT for very long and I had to shop around for something else. I'm ashamed to say that I went to a French competitors machine which fully equipped weights less than my XLT's battery pack and about half that of the MX Sport. I can swing it all day, but in no way have I become confident with it and find that I have to dig every target. I am wondering why Whites don't seem to be able to make a machine for us oldies. This French thing is totally rechargeable, wireless and I can hunt for 2 days on a charge which as far as I'm concerned is it's only claim to fame. So please Whites, consider making something lighter , wireless and software updatable.
    Barry

Sorry to hear you are have shoulder problems. I have a few myself so I know it hurts to do some things. I'm lucky because it hasn't really stopped me from detecting.

Let me tell you about a medication I use on my shoulders and it's incredible stuff. It's called Voltaren Gel. Ask your doctor about it. They make it in a generic too. I've tried both and they work the same. Good luck & happy hunting.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I use the he detector buddy sling it takes most of the weight off.

There's another product called "Swingy Thingy". You can Google it .... Good luck !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Though it may be tough to find, look for a Sierra XLT. It's an XLT that was made for Jimmy Sierra that is a special hip mount version. Maybe Whites would be able to modify an XLT for you into one? If you're handy with tools and basic wiring I can send you picture of mine and you may be able to modify one yourself.

I do use that Voltaren and I have to say it's very impressive for an 'over the counter' medication.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Sorry to hear you are have shoulder problems. I have a few myself so I know it hurts to do some things. I'm lucky because it hasn't really stopped me from detecting.

Let me tell you about a medication I use on my shoulders and it's incredible stuff. It's called Voltaren Gel. Ask your doctor about it. They make it in a generic too. I've tried both and they work the same. Good luck & happy hunting.

I did try a couple of different slings which did help with the weight, but not really the flexibility/usability. I find that I am up and own a lot and each time I had to remove everything, it was a hassle.
    I didn't want to go to 'the dark side' but the convenience of a wireless machine at half the weight and with rechargeable batteries which last for 18 to 20 hrs of detecting is hard to ignore. I also get great depth from it as well but it discriminates terribly and I honestly have to dig every signal, just in case. I imagine that there has to be some proprietary stuff inside, but surely the tiny batteries and wireless technology has to be in the public domain?

On that's right, your up in Canada. That Voltaren Gel is over the counter there isn't it? Here in the US we need a prescription from the doctor to get it. And if you don't have insurance, it's over a $100 a tube. I'm lucky I pay for good insurance, I only pay $5.00 for five tubes.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

It's just under $10 for a large tube here. So guess there are some benefits from living near the frozen north haha

Thanks for your response. I would be interested in seeing a picture of your setup if you wouldn't mind Dingode.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LQCxSTuRKeSAMpe36

Here is a link to pictures of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dingode View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/LQCxSTuRKeSAMpe36

Here is a link to pictures of it.
    Thanks for this. I wish I had though of this prior to selling my XLT. I don't think a mod like that would be too hard to do and extending the power cable shouldn't have any effect on the detector itself.