Thread: User in Europe

User in Europe

Will Whites ever consider how annoying it is for users in Europe to be told on the display you are about to dig a nickel or a dime, when in reality stood in a field in the UK thatís highly unlikely. DFX and V3i has the option to turn off / rename the icons/ labels but mid range machines do not.

MX Sport for example looks good but totally geared for USA. Surely itís not that difficult to add this option into the coding?

Maybe one day White's will have icons for a UK machine.

I live here in the US but I can only imagine what that's like.Honestly, I don't ever look at the icons on the screen. I learn the VDI numbers. Trust me, the VDI numbers are the way to learn what you're digging. Those VDI numbers are very fine tuned and can help ID something pretty well.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

There's always the option to simply ignore the icon and dig on the VDI indication .... Just sayin' ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    There's always the option to simply ignore the icon and dig on the VDI indication .... Just sayin' ....

I just find it strange that Whites has a European factory that produce detectors 100% geared for the American market, yes we can ignore them but all I am saying is it's annoying from a UK user point of view.

There are some up and coming European detector manufactures that have some very good features and displays geared for our type of searching, maybe just maybe Whites are falling behind in this part of the world as they have buried there heads in the sand for years on this issue.

Years ago a UK dealer would put a Classic II or III, XLT, MXT, DFX in your hands no problem, today it's a different story.

Just sayin...

even in the good old usa here, I do not trust what the vdi tells me, I trust what I learn the vdi to be. As in I dig targets to learn what vdi range it normally falls into. On top of that even more I go by sound/size combined with that vdi. Mx sport is so simple to run this way, I don't see any reason those icons even matter or are even there in the first place. I recommend you try learning your machine this way, you will come to be a better detectorist

I'm pretty much a vdi observer, if the number is close to what I think a good target is--I DIG IT, after a few digs on the same number and the target is always trash, then I don't usually dig it anymore at that site. Even then you take the chance of missing out on a good target, best thing to do is dig it if you have any question about it
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

BP just passed us all some great "words to remember" .... "When in doubt, DIG !!!"
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

This thread is to pass on ideas / requests for products / changes, etc. I'm gonna close it now as its gettin' off track.

Fox Forum Moderator