Detech Curiosity

I was looking at the Amazon website and they show the Detech SEF Pro 12x15 works with the V3i.
    I looked at the Detech website and it shows the White’s DFX / MXT / M6 work with this coil.
    Has anyone used this coil with the V3i? Does it work?

Thanks

Different coil possibly. I looked at a site that listed 3 different for White's. Only one of the 3 was V type, others were for sport type and the last was for DFX types

I don't know too much about these aftermarket coils. I know Detech has made some V-Rated coils that work fine on the V machines but I can't say which ones they are. If they don't make a V-Rated 15x12 coil then the coil you are looking at is the right one. Some of our members swear by that coil but I really prefer the White's coils over aftermarket. I do use the Detech 13"DD for field hunting sometimes but I find that the White's coils give me better depth readings and better VDI numbers too. Good luck finding the answers. Someone here should know.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I only own, use and recommend Whites OEM coils ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I love my Detech 12 x 15 fun my V3i. It covers a lot of area and goes super deep. I ordered the one for my Sport should get it Monday. Dtech is a good company and puts out quality coils. If the didn't I don't think Whites would deal with them

Mackdog - I have the Detech Ultimate 13", which is a pretty good coil. I have found a lot with it. I was trying to find out if the Detech 12 x 15 was compatible w the V3i.
    I think I have seen some of your past posts where you have found some pretty deep items. I routinely find things 6" or 7" deep, but that is about it. I would like to be
    confident that if there was something deeper I would find it. Thus my interest in the larger coil. Have you been able to use the coil on the V3i in 3 frequency mode?

Quote Originally Posted by MDAnvil View Post
    Mackdog - I have the Detech Ultimate 13", which is a pretty good coil. I have found a lot with it. I was trying to find out if the Detech 12 x 15 was compatible w the V3i.
    I think I have seen some of your past posts where you have found some pretty deep items. I routinely find things 6" or 7" deep, but that is about it. I would like to be
    confident that if there was something deeper I would find it. Thus my interest in the larger coil. Have you been able to use the coil on the V3i in 3 frequency mode?
    I only run in 3 frequencies mode that way you can compare the graph to the VDI to the tone. When I was thinking about your settings I think you might be running the V too hot. You should make a test garden with various coins at your peak depth. Then you adjust your detector settings one at a time to where you here the signals best at the speed you normally detect. Start with a gain of about 6. Then once everything else is set gradually increase it until it falses too much then back it down until it’s to your liking. With the 13” you should be getting 8” dimes and 12” quarters. Good luck. MackDog

I will try your recommendations. I had a test garden with which I tested things. I found 3 things on my test garden. 1) The recommended bottle cap setting of 4 was blocking out silver coins.
    I turned this off and started finding some silver. 2) With the soil, I have been experiencing here in the Portland area I could run RxGain at 12 and it is very stable. 3) I struggled to hit anything
    deeper than 6+ inches.
    I will try your recommendations and see what kind of results I have. I have found a lot of stuff, but deep items (greater than 7") not so much. I will try and back the RxGain down and see
    what happens.
    Thanks for the info,
    MDAnvil

Sounds like you have some very mineralized ground or possibly the Ground Filter is set too high. I have a pretty high mineralized ground here in my test garden and I still hit a fresh buried quarter at 11" with the 10"DD coil or the Detech 13"DD. Please tell me your settings of...
    Rx Gain = ?
    All Metal = ?
    Disc = ?
    Ground Filter = ?

Try setting these settings for...
    Disc = 85-93 (The high the setting the more depth you get)
    All Metal = 65
    Ground filter = 5.0Hz Band Pass
    (The 5.0Hz BP gets the best depth)
    Then take the Rx Gain and set it where it runs pretty stable without any false signals. What did you set it to? If you have EMI problems then try tuning it out with techniques from this video... https://youtu.be/n9_dIMo0UVk

What do you hit a quarter at now?
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I normally run RxGain at 12, but that depends on what I run into while detecting
    All Metal = 75
    Disc = 5.0Hz Band Pass
    Ground Filter = Lock-trac, Normal

I will try your settings and get back to you on quarter depth.
    Thanks

I did a quick bury of 2 Quarters; 1 at 6" and 1 at 9".
    I lowered my settings as you suggested and got nothing on 9" and very splotchy signal on 6"
    I then changed my settings one rx gain at a time, ground balancing in between.
    My best results started at rx gain at 10, all metal at 75 where I started hitting both targets.
    I could raise the rx gain to 12 and still hit both targets.
    Granted it is raining a lot and the soil is very wet. Either way positive results with higher rx gain.
    Thanks for feedback