Thread: Michael

Michael

Keep an eye on Tropical Storm / Hurricane Michael .... Bringing rain, storm surge and predicted winds up to 100 MPH as it makes landfall. Best thoughts and prayers for all in the path of the storm !!

Stay safe !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Ditto everyone in the path. Stay save.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

We are watching and hoping that it just goes through with little damage. The rain and some wind we have learned to deal with but it is the excessive or either that causes the most issues. Our prayers to everyone that are in the path of any storm as they are not fun to deal with! ;-)

I wish everyone in Michael's path well and good beach hunting after.

Looks like hurricane Michael is going to be a category 3 storm when it hits. I am about 150 miles from the coast in southwest Georgia and they are calling for 75mph winds with gusts to 90 here Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Fortunately the storm is not going to be here long as it is forecast to move north at a good pace.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

We have already felt some winds from the outer bands and had a couple of hard downpours.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Please listen to what the 'Authorities' tell you when they say to evacuate, please do so! Things can be replaced, people not so much! Good luck to all and hope that the storm fades quick! ;-)

Well, he's a CAT 4 this morning !! Hope everyone in the path that lives in the panhandle evacuated !! Up to 12-foot storm surge predicted. Best thoughts and prayers to all for a safe passage.

Just saw an update. 140 MPH winds !! Panhandle has NEVER had a CAT 4 or CAT 5 hit ....

That’s some storm.

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Time to bug out if you have not already done so! As far as the beach searching goes After Florence hit us we just do not have a lot of beach left. High tide is pounding the dunes and low time you have about fifteen feet of sand. I did a quick search of Kure Beach and managed $0.48 and a tiny sharks tooth. One of the coins I found was a clad Dime that is all of half the normal thickness! The waters are still very muddy and the waves are very choppy. We are hoping that Michael will continue on the path that they are predicting as that will take it to the West of Wilmington, NC. It would sure be better if it would just turn due East and go back out into the Atlantic Ocean! Please be safe one and all! ;-)

Watching the landfall and post-event coverage really hammers home the power of nature !! Mexico Beach is all but gone. Panama City Beach is devastated !! It is a miracle that there wasn't more loss of life !!

Keep those folks that endured hurricane Michael in your thoughts and prayers. Also those in the Carolinas who are still recovering, and are looking at another slug of rain comin' their way ...

Mexico Beach Florida .... Gone ....

Oh dear God what a mess. That's just so sad. These poor people have to start over with nothing at all. Please take a moment to pray for these people. They need all the prayers they can get.

Death toll is 11 as of this morning.

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ON THE FORUM ABOUT THIS. IT LIKE NOBODY CARES.

THIS IS A TRAGEDY!!!

Its just gonna go higher. I can't imagine how those people must feel .... Bless them ....

man such crazy storm, sorry to hear the death toll rising. I can't even fathom going through that. I was in 70 mph sustained winds once, 140-150 is just mind blowing.

Yeah it’s definitely going to go up. I’ve watched on TV and it’s really sad what these people are going through. This is going to take years to fully fix.

That looks really bad down there.I cant imagine the winds like that sustained.Hope everyone on here is safe and God help everyone else get through that mess

Death toll now at 13. People in line for gas at stations that have none, but waiting on tankers. I have seen some pretty rough stuff in my time, but this is the worst ....

Yeah, I've been watching some of this on TV. It's pretty scary just to think about this.

It's hard just looking at those photos of what used to be a town. When I was growing up we delt with flooding almost every year. Then flood control dams were built which all but eliminated it. I swore I would never live in a house placed where I would have to deal with anything I could have control over.

My current house used ICF blocks and the walls interior is 8" steel reinforced concrete. I have little doubt it would have with stood that wind. The roof and windows wouldn't but possibly could be engineered to. Building out of the surge area required.

My point is, I hope when they rebuild, they rebuild better. It's not if, it's when it comes again.

Death toll now up to 17 .... Five in Virginia .... Its just total devastation .... I don't know how they'll recover from this ....

It's going to take years Fox. It's like Hurricane Katrina All over again.

I just got back online this evening. Was without power from Wednesday night until last night. The storm was still a category 2 when it passed over us around midnight Wednesday.The eye came right over us. My house escaped damage but a large pine tree fell on the corner of my shop. If it hadn't been for an old Pontiac that I was parting out the tree would have come right through my shop and I would have most likely lost my GTO! The pecan crop here is a total loss and most of the cotton crop was ruined as well. I thank God we didn't get hit as hard as PC and Mexico Beach and I pray for the folks in that area. I am 68 years old and this is the worst storm I have personally witnessed. I hope it is the last.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    I just got back online this evening. Was without power from Wednesday night until last night. The storm was still a category 2 when it passed over us around midnight Wednesday.The eye came right over us. My house escaped damage but a large pine tree fell on the corner of my shop. If it hadn't been for an old Pontiac that I was parting out the tree would have come right through my shop and I would have most likely lost my GTO! The pecan crop here is a total loss and most of the cotton crop was ruined as well. I thank God we didn't get hit as hard as PC and Mexico Beach and I pray for the folks in that area. I am 68 years old and this is the worst storm I have personally witnessed. I hope it is the last.
    Wow!!! Sounds like you got real lucky. Glad to hear you are okay. This was really bad for a lot of people.

Glad you are OK !! I have some friends in the Destin and Fort Walton Beach area. They had some trees down and power outages, but thankfully no damage to their homes. I'm with you !! Hope this is the last major storm we get !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    It's hard just looking at those photos of what used to be a town. When I was growing up we delt with flooding almost every year. Then flood control dams were built which all but eliminated it. I swore I would never live in a house placed where I would have to deal with anything I could have control over.

My current house used ICF blocks and the walls interior is 8" steel reinforced concrete. I have little doubt it would have with stood that wind. The roof and windows wouldn't but possibly could be engineered to. Building out of the surge area required.

My point is, I hope when they rebuild, they rebuild better. It's not if, it's when it comes again.
    maybe they can rebuild using this http://masonrydesign.blogspot.com/ company is spherical block llc. guy from my hometown