BHID coil change

Could Whites service center install either the 8 or 9" spider coil to the BHID? The 12" floating coil is too large to swing comfortably in the water as there is too much resistance. And target separation would be better as well as pin pointing. I think it was designed on the DFX which I have been using for many years. In the water,all I need is lights and not vdi numbers to indicate a target. There is sooooooo much iron that i would like to be able to avoid in the water either salt or fresh especially bobby pins. I love my Dual Field PI in the wet sand but would really like to hit all the ponds around here that see many tourists during the season. I know there is the MX Sport but I think that two frequencies in saltwater are better than one. The only competitor for a dual frequency machine would be the CZ21. I think the two frequencies are almost identical but I'm happy with Whites products and service and am thinking out of the box. Do the 8 and 9" coil float like the coil on my PI?

I’m pretty sure White’s installs the smaller coils on the machines. I’ve heard of this in the past. As for the buoyancy of the 9” coils, I think you still need to add weights to the rod to get that perfect spot.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

You are talking about VLF technology vs PI. Coils are wound and nulled differently. There IS (or was) a "950" coil for the BHID .... However, you can't simply connect a VLF coil to a PI unit, any more than you can use a 6.58Khz "Blue Box" coil on a V3i.

They MAY be able to adapt one of the smaller TDI coils, but that's just a guess. It would be a "one-off" (custom) job, so cost may be an issue.

All this being said, you should call Whites at Sweet Home and see what they suggest.

Good luck !!
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 10-04-2018 at 04:16 AM.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I am thinking of buying a BHID and was wondering if the service dept could remove the 12" coil and install a smaller concentric 8 or 9". Do you know if anybody has done this?

I have seen it done the other way...
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.