Thread: Ground Tracking

Ground Tracking

Just wondering if any Treasure Pro owners have a preference for the ground tracking. Do you prefer continuous ground tracking or locked? I understand the reasons for the continuous tracking. I've had my Treasure Pro for a couple of months but haven't really messed around with locking the ground track.

Thanks for any input!

I honestly haven’t had any conditions where I had to lock the tracking. The TreasurePro seems to work pretty good with the tracking on.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Unless you are in absolutely TERRIBLE ground / trash conditions, you will get best performance with tracking ON.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

as fox said,on my mxsport I only use set ground balance on very heavy trash sites like near cellars or very trashy parks. places where multiple targets get under the coil constantly and would mess with the ground balance.

Thanks for all the advice. I currently spend allot of time detecting at our local community center. This park has held our 4th of July festival for at least the last 80 years as well as other community activities. Is it trashy?? I can probably dig up 20 pop tabs every 5 feet. It also has allot of iron. I still hunt this park because of it's age and I'm sure there is silver there. The building that is there was one of the first USO clubs in the United States during WWII. If I wanted to lock in the tracking, should I use all metal mode to find a spot with no trash and then lock the tracking? Sorry for all the questions. I've been out of the hobby for about 15 years. When I was detecting years ago I had a Spectrum XLT. Wow...now that was a nice detector. Wish I still had it but I am very happy with my Treasure Pro. Haven't found silver yet..except for a War Nickel.

Thanks Again !

Locking the tracking won't block pop tabs .... If you want to "cherry pick", disc out the pop tab VDI ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Fox is correct.
    I think I know right where you're hunting at. As you can see I'm from Youngstown. That really does sound like a great place to hunt. I wouldn't mind hunting a place like that. Good luck.

I run the MXT All Pro, it has "Ground Grab". My hunts are going after "Deep" signals, personalty I'm in favor of "Locked" But when I get a deep signal, it may not be as good as I want, But I will move the coil off to the side, balance go back to lock and go over the signal again. I need that balance "Right on" to ferret out those deep ones. I started detecting many, many years ago when GB was a manual deal. I'm a stickler for "Balanced"

I need that balance "Right on" to ferret out those deep ones. I'm a stickler for "Balanced"

Then you should be running with tracking ON ....

I understand how to disc out the pull tabs but if I should want to try the locked tracking, should I use all metal mode to find a clean spot then lock the tracking and then switch to Coin & Jewelry?

Thanks

You should start in the search mode your going to hunt with and go from there.

Like Rod said - balance in the mode you are going to use to hunt .... Just find a clean spot, ground balance, lock tracking.

Thank You both.