Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Mxsport issues

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Welcome back Bill, I'm glad to hear you are getting a MX Sport. I know you will like it. It has some sweet reviews on how well it works. It doesn't get much easier than this machine.
    Thank You. I do miss my old MXT and hope the MX Sport is it’s lighter water proof son..Lol.

I have read good reviews on the MX Sport. I always liked the build and quality of White’s detectors. I found my first gold coin with a White’s XLT years back. Also the M-6 is quite the detector in its own right.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Last edited by Bill G; 11-19-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    Every find is a good find!!!! some are just great!!!!<br />Whites XL Pro<br />Whites MXT

Make sure that thew coil is not near the target when you push the pinpoint button.

Quote Originally Posted by brreeder73505 View Post
    Make sure that thew coil is not near the target when you push the pinpoint button.

Lol... Good old VCO pin point all metal got you.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Every find is a good find!!!! some are just great!!!!<br />Whites XL Pro<br />Whites MXT

My Whites pinpointer drives my MXS crazy if it gets within 2 feet of the coil.

Try offsetting the frequency. That will clear it up.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Freq Offset may work as Rod said. You can also point the coil away from the pinpointer, since the TRX field is strongest at the tip. Easiest is just to keep distance between 'em.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Oldremguy: Did you get the kinks worked out with the Sport ?? Hope its workin' OK for you now. If so, what was the "fix" ?? This is how we all learn. Thanks ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Well, I tried all the suggestions that Whites Customer Service gave me and still not happy with how my MX-Sport was operating so it is on it's way back to Sweethome for a fix or replacement. It was working alright on dry sand but it was going nuts on wet sand or in the water. I tried both of my coils and both gave the same response. Steve at Whites customer service suggested to send it in for a warranty fix. I was having the issues of the icons jumping all over. I have no problems waiting on customer service to take care of my detector. ;-)

I hope you get your Sport back soon CSA.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I thought my MX Sport was messed up till I found the audio I liked finally getting used to thresholds ets now I love my Sport