Thread: 1st one

1st one

Tick.... Was in the orchard, came in and pulled a tick off my clothes. Time to spray the pants every day and watch the dog for them.

Yep. They are out. Friends up in Maryland have already seen them .... I hate ticks !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I just got one off my dog last week. Not a good sign for the summer. Those ticks give me the creeps.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

The strong version of OFF works good. Spray your shoes and pants. If in brush, all over. Very rarely get one if I spray.

I use OFF Deep Woods and always have it in my hunting bag. The other day I was MD’ing and didn’t notice the mosquitoes and I got eaten up. I’ve been itching so bad I’m about to lose my mind. I’m even having a problem sleeping I’m so itchy. This is strange because normally I don’t feel this itchy when I get bit from mosquitoes. I usually just get a small bump but I’m cover in welts. Now I understand why my kids are all scabbed up from head to toe in the summer months. This is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    I use OFF Deep Woods and always have it in my hunting bag. The other day I was MD’ing and didn’t notice the mosquitoes and I got eaten up. I’ve been itching so bad I’m about to lose my mind. I’m even having a problem sleeping I’m so itchy. This is strange because normally I don’t feel this itchy when I get bit from mosquitoes. I usually just get a small bump but I’m cover in welts. Now I understand why my kids are all scabbed up from head to toe in the summer months. This is terrible.

Just purchase a mosquito eradicator. Normally at sundown when Blondie and I are sitting on the patio at the firepit those skeeters just eat me up. Been out there on a couple of different nights and ain't had a skeeter bite yet---You gotta try it out--just hang it in a tree and the yeast and sugar water kill like 90% of them nasty things in the first few days
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

I had two ticks on me when I came in from mushroom hunting last night, disgusting things!
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Only a couple ticks - lucky. They are out in force down here. One word - DEET.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplugger View Post
    Just purchase a mosquito eradicator. Normally at sundown when Blondie and I are sitting on the patio at the firepit those skeeters just eat me up. Been out there on a couple of different nights and ain't had a skeeter bite yet---You gotta try it out--just hang it in a tree and the yeast and sugar water kill like 90% of them nasty things in the first few days
    I’ll check that out BP. I have a friend that uses the Mosquito Magnet and that thing works great too. It works with propane. This thing keeps the mosquitoes gone 100%. The thing about it is, it’s expensive. He paid $250 for it.

On May 5th i was out in Nevada and woke up with a sharp pain middle right side. I could not figure out what it was. There was a black spot and I thought it was a fiber from a shirt. I started pullin on it and knew what it was. I had been fishin here in Iowa and showered but it still was on me. Boy did that spot hurt.All got better after I got it out. Darn things!!

We've had ticks here for several weeks. We use Frontline on our dog. Once a month you dispense this liquid down along the spine. Kills ticks, fleas, larvae, etc. But they still get on her long enough to be carried into the house. My wife has had ticks on her, not attached. I don't get them too much. Just a sourer old man I guess, and they don't like me. LTD

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    I’ll check that out BP. I have a friend that uses the Mosquito Magnet and that thing works great too. It works with propane. This thing keeps the mosquitoes gone 100%. The thing about it is, it’s expensive. He paid $250 for it.
    I paid 20 bucks and its supposed to last about all summer
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Quote Originally Posted by bassplugger View Post
    I paid 20 bucks and its supposed to last about all summer
    I was checking those out online. That’s my kind of price. I’m going to pick one up. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve never heard of these before. Sounds like a super little device.

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Got to be very careful with those ticks. Use the spray and look yourself over after you clean up. The illness you avoid may keep you in the hunt for a while longer! ;-)