Classic II SL, convert from 6B to bluemax coil

Good day, I'm looking for the mod that will convert the Classic II SL with a 6B coil to a Blue Max. I bought this recently to use as a loaner unit and to put Mr. Bill's mods on. I've read that there a phasing issue going to the Blue Max. I called Whites and they didn't seem t understand he issue, so I'm here to ask. With the Blue MAX smaller coils I would be able to broaden this old dogs abilities in trashy areas and or use a lager coil for open plowed fields.

Best Regards
    24kilo

Welcome !! I have been associated with Whites products since the 60's. User / Repair Tech / Dealer / Regional Rep / Field Tester. I have to admit that I have never heard of the mod you're asking about.

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/...tibility-Chart

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/...Blue-Max-Coils
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I read it one here. Was this not correct?

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/...-Classic-II-SL

Welcome to the forum.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

If Monte says it was available, most likely it was. Monte has been around long time and knows his Whites !! However Mr. Bill is long retired. Maybe Monte has a "connection" that can do the mod.

Good luck !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thank you the welcoming, so how do I get hold of Monte, just so background. I'm was a certified Electronic tech and certified in soldering, military. So the mods are not going to be that difficult,. I just need to know what to do.

Just PM "Monte" .... (Without quotes).

Thanks, PM sent t Monte.... Still no callback from Whites and all I get from tech support is voice message or someone who doesn't get the problem.

Let us know what Monte says. He's a good guy and knows his stuff ....

To save some time for others, here they are , CL I, CL II, CL III, CL IIIHP and Surfmaster II. Now to figure out how to make the Bluemax work on the CL II.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6043776r.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	111828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whites-classic-schematic CL1.gif 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	111829  

Thanks for sharing.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Ok, here's the IDX Pro which takes the Bluemax, you can see that there is a slight difference in the GB circuit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2303910.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	111830  

Just so everyone is on the same page .... If anyone attempts to modify a White's detector, any resulting damage, performance issues, etc is the responsibility of the person making the changes. You run the risk of damaging the unit beyond economic repair .... EG: If it doesn't work after mods, attempted repairs, etc, you may wind up needing an entirely new PC board.

Just a "heads up" ....

Sorry, White's cannot provide free engineering nor modification advice. If you can't figure it out from the schematics, you will need to hire someone who can.

Optionally, buy a used Classic 3 SL with Blue Max search coil. I see them regularly on e-bay for under $100.00.

Howard

Sounds like great advice - directly from Whites. This thread is closed ....