Thread: Not sure

Not sure

Iím not sure how to use the disc on the v3i.

If you want to detect the target, select that VDI range. If you don't, clear that VDI range. Negative VDIs are ferrous (EG: iron). Positive VDIs are conductive (EG: coins).
    Selection and setup is described in your Owners Guide.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thanks fox I’m a little slow on the v3i. I need all the help I can get.

This controls the threshold level for the Discrimination Sensitivity. Setting this too high will cause the detector to get chattery and it will also make the detector pick up on ferrous metals, for example - nails. I have found it best set to 85. If you have an area where the ground is low in mineralization and has minimal ferrous trash targets then I will turn the Disc up to 90-93. Running the Disc higher will help with depth too. Now if you have an area where the ground mineralization is very high then I turn the Disc down. Sometimes I've turned it down as low as 65. From many test of the Disc, you will see how the detector runs smoother and sounds better when you hit on a good target.

Make sure you experiment with all the settings. You must learn the device and what all the settings do. After you learn what little changes do to the settings, you will be able to set the detector up on the fly. Setting up the detector on the fly from say a factory program like the Coin & Jewelry is what you want to know how to do. This in the end will save you a lot of time.
    Last edited by rchalker; 04-21-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

The V3i does have a steep learning curve. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Fox and Rod can help you. Me, I do the asking. LTD

Suggest you sit down with the machine AND the manual, and go thru the major settings. Find them in the menu and see what they control, and what effect changing them does on the performance of the machine.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Gordo, A while ago I typed up a Beginners Guide, http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/...eginners+Guide To help out the newbies on the V3i. In it, there is an explanation of how the Discrimination functions. You will find other useful information. Be sure to read the replies because I made a mistake in explaining the setting of the Ground Balance and I posted a correction in the replies. After seven years I'm still learning new things about the V3i.