MXT pro in relic mode

I'm getting a used MXT pro and heard you have to start in coin and jewelry to get the multi tone in relic mode is this right? If so I've also heard that it's in multi tone automatically on startup in coin and jewelry and since I start in C&J to ground balance before switching relic mode to detect then I should be in multi tone mode at that point without having to select multi tone right? I startup and ground balance in C&J mode because the threshold is more stable it seems in C&J mode. Thanks for any info and HH
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

Hmm, I’m not real sure on that. Someone will be along soon.

I hope you enjoy the new machine. Good luck and happy hunting.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Nope. Incorrect. Each Mode is controlled separately by the "music note" key. The default turn-on mode in C&J is Tone ID = ON. The default turn-on mode in Relic is 2-Tone.

The Mode and Audio controls / combinations are explained in detail in your Owner's Guide. If you didn't get one with the machine, you can find a copy on line at the Whites Electronics site in the Manuals section of Tech Support.

Good luck and good hunting !!

https://whiteselectronics.com/device-care/manuals/
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

What would happen if you startup in C&J then flipped the switch to relic, would it retain the multi tone since you turned it on in C&J? Thanks Fox for the reply and HH
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

Each "Program" has its own set of Tones ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I found it works in 7 tone ID with relic mode when switching from C&J mode to relic mode. HH
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

I posted this in 2010 .... http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/...-Selection-Tip

Could be a variation in the mode selection anomaly I reported .... ??

Good luck ....

Yep its a glitch that whites thought might be of use to some so they left it in. HH
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

There's a down side to this "helpful glitch". Hence my recommendation in the previous post. Unless you and any others who might want to "take advantage of this glitch" have great memories, I strongly suggest you set up each mode as recommended.

Here's what I reported back in 2010:

"Found this doing some Mode / VDI testing.

1. With MXT Pro = OFF Select C&J Mode
    2. Turn unit = ON
    3. With a pull tab ring that reads in the VDI +30 range note that tab is detected
    4. Move MODE Switch To Relic
    5. Press "Music Notes" button to select 1 Tone Mode
    6. Note +30 VDI Tab Ring is detected and VDI is properly displayed
    7. Move MODE switch back to C&J
    8. Note +30 VDI Tab Ring is NOT detected
    9. Press "Music Notes" button to select "Tone ID ON"
    10. Note +30 VDI Tab Ring IS detected.

Note: Pressing "Ground Grab" will also allow the +30 VDI Tab Ring to be detected.

I think that this might be a "hold over" from the previous MXT "Alternate Seach Mode" (Trigger Forward) where VDIs +29 to +49 were silenced. Just a "housekeeping" issue with the transition from Relic to C&J Mode I suspect.

I'm gonna make a post recommending that everyone select the Tone ID MODE that they want active or just tap Ground Grab when they change SEARCH MODE. This anomaly could result in some lost gold .... "
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 04-17-2018 at 05:43 AM.

I'll check to make sure but don't think it's taking out those VDI's when going from C&J to relic and staying there, might be a problem when going back to C&J from relic mode again. I've also heard once your in relic with 7 tone mode you can't touch any of the keypad buttons on the display box or it will take you out of the 7 tone mode, haven't tried it yet as I just got mine and haven't been detecting with it yet. HH
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

I strongly recommend you use the machine IAW the User Guide. That said - good luck and happy hunting !!