New to detecting

I recently purchased a detector and am looking for people or places to go. I have been interested in this for a long time but I have never gone. I have done a fair amount of interwebs research, but any MD advice is greatly appreciated. I am also introducing this to my boys. We live just south of Seattle, close to Burien but I am willing to travel and meet!

Welcome to the forum. That’s fantastic you got into the metal detecting hobby. It’s a fun thing to do and you will truly build memories with your children. I got started in the hobby many years ago when I was trying to find something new to do with my son. It was me that really fell in love with digging holes to find some awesome targets.

What detector did you purchase? We here on the forum can give you some help if you want it. This forum helped me to learn my detector, the V3i. I wish you lots of luck and memories with your machine. Just remember if you dig enough holes, you will eventually find more interesting targets. Happy hunting!
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Welcome !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

welcome from the east coast.

Welcome to the forum. You picked a great hobby for yourself and your boys. Do some research on history in your area and try to get permission close to it. Good luck and enjoy. Art
    Growing old is not for sissies.I thought it would take longer to get old.

Welcome to the forum. Great relaxing hobby. But I can't be much help from the east coast. Best of luck hunting.