Detecting a log home finding pioneer relics

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=13s&v=vhejH1wInOM

I was able to take some time this past Sunday to make another video. This is one of my favorite places to detect since discovering when I moved to Ohio. It ends up being a really good day although itís still just a little cold for my liking.

Thanks for sharing !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

awesome spot you have there to hunt, enjoyed watching you hunt and your expression reminded me of me again when you smeared the dirt off of the clad dime--been there and done that--several times--great hit on the LC
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Good video. You seem to have that V3i under control. Keep up the good work.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

sweet!!
    *************************** To errr is human.....To arrr is Pirate **************************

Thank you all for checking it out. That place is just the coolest to hunt since it's still standing. I've tried and tried to get historical photos of it but I haven't been able to find one. I found out that the metal thing I found that looked like a lipstick tube is actually a valve stem off an early car like a Model T, very cool and my first of one of those.

Thanks.

Great video Kenny, Looks like a super place to hunt!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bogdan "Don" Pieniak

Don/ everyone. I was thinking about checking with the owners of the 1800's festival site that has been featured in two videos on Youtube to ask about a White's forum hunt. There is ample parking for a day hunt out there and close to town (3/4 mile) for bathrooms and access to food and drink. After the field is prepped with disc for the planting season it will stir up the field nicely to raise targets that are out of reach. Instead of me being out there for days upon days, we could just invite whoever wants to come and have a White's forum hunt as individuals since in today's age liability, attorneys and etc. seem to make everyone wear a helmet and have a million dollar insurance program for a group to gather. Guess we can just all it "friends of the black box hunt" lol which actually sounds good. Items donated to historical society with credits type thing. What do you think about that? Dreaming stuff up here to get people together.

Quote Originally Posted by KMarhoffer View Post
    Don/ everyone. I was thinking about checking with the owners of the 1800's festival site that has been featured in two videos on Youtube to ask about a White's forum hunt. There is ample parking for a day hunt out there and close to town (3/4 mile) for bathrooms and access to food and drink. After the field is prepped with disc for the planting season it will stir up the field nicely to raise targets that are out of reach. Instead of me being out there for days upon days, we could just invite whoever wants to come and have a White's forum hunt as individuals since in today's age liability, attorneys and etc. seem to make everyone wear a helmet and have a million dollar insurance program for a group to gather. Guess we can just all it "friends of the black box hunt" lol which actually sounds good. Items donated to historical society with credits type thing. What do you think about that? Dreaming stuff up here to get people together.
    Depending on the date I might make the long drive. sounds super fun

Sounds like a plan.

I think its a super idea count me in! But if its between May 11 and 23, I'll have to take a raincheck since I will be visiting and getting acquainted with my new Grandson on the West Coast.

Sure would be nice to get a lot of Forum people that are willing to make the drive to the site. How great would that be!!!!

Keep us posted. I'd like to give it a go if I can.

I checked out the field about two weeks ago and it’s planted. It will be this fall after harvest before we can get in there. I’ve been super tied up with full time work, my still kinda new business and many other items. I haven’t forgot about this offer to schedule a hunt. I’ll gather info after they are done planting and get back on this thread to post info. They have over 500 acres of corn and soybeans so the owners are under a lot of pressure right now. Prolly not the best time to approach.

Hi guys,
    I'm newer to the forum and the V3i. I've only had mine about a month and it's been raining so darn much I've barely had a chance to use it. I've been watching SquarenailSquirell and Dirt fishing on Youtube for weeks now. Imagine how surprised I was that Squarenailsquirell is right here on the Whites forum and lives in Ohio. Love your videos, I've learned a lot from them. I'm over in Toledo, and I'm guessing the rest of you are further east in the Cleveland/Youngstown area. I started swinging with an XLT back in the mid 90's and still have it and my sons been using it. If you get permission for a group hunt I'd be interested if there is an opening.

Welcome to the forum dingode. Just keep reading this forum and you will learn plenty of good information on the V3i. Good luck and happy hunting.

Rodney

good to have you onboard dingode--you started out just like me--My first detector was an xlt and then in 2010 I bought a v3i--Only difference is that I sold my xlt so I would not get overwhelmed and fall back on the xlt--that way I would have to learn the v3i--seven years later(2017) I purchased a new xlt to have as a backup-it's still hanging in the basement.
    A group hunt would be a lot of fun with a bunch of whites guys no doubt
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Dingode,

Glad to see you on the forum, it’s the most powerful community and tool to utilize in learning the Spectra V3i. Getting out and putting the time in behind the screen metal detecting, reading the users as well as advanced users guides and this forum where have you where you want to be fairly quick. I see that your in Toledo which is a good place to be. The history there goes waaaay back especially with the French trading with Indians. There were many ships coming in off the lakes and a battle almost fought between the forming Ohio and Michigan states over a 1 mile strip which now incompasses Toledo and the port.

A group hunt would be fun. I’m going to try and host one this fall which I will post on here of the land owners are ok with having a gathering on their property.

Again, great to see you here and welcome. When I started on here I started printing off all the good info that helped me and kept it in a three ring binder for quick reference in the field. It helps a ton.