MX Sport and Whites Wireless Headphones

I would like to see Whites make a wireless transmitter that would work with the MX Sport and Whites wireless headphones! That way I could use the wireless headphones that I have for my V3i and my VX3. I hate headphone cables. Is there any chance that will happen in the near future? I hate seeing the competitors outdo Whites!

Welcome. The WHP are NOT waterproof.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thanks for the quick reply fox! I don't really care about my Whites Wireless Headphones being waterproof. I purchased the MXSport because it is lighter than my V3i & VX3. I would use the detector myself and also for my grandchildren and great grandchildren get just about old enough. I figure starting them out on a good machine would give them a more positive experience metal detecting! I've always used Whites detectors and didn't want to go to a different brand!

Thanks!

Wireless technology doesn't work in the water. Some concerns... if one sells a wireless for a waterproof model, when wireless doesn't work in the water.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by showard View Post
    Wireless technology doesn't work in the water. Some concerns... if one sells a wireless for a waterproof model, when wireless doesn't work in the water.

Howard
    Just something for you to think about. I got waterproof detector because I will detect in rain, snow, and all sorts of muddy and wet spots, Did not buy to detect underwater. I can just hose mine off no problems. I hooked up my sport with a water resistant wireless and love it. Will never go back unless Im hunting with the box underwater. Would love if it was incorporated into the machine as an option for when not water hunting.

I use wireless earbuds with a Rx Tx Transmitter. They work very well in the hot summer. I use them with my V3i.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_3441.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	111638
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    I use wireless earbuds with a Rx Tx Transmitter. They work very well in the hot summer. I use them with my V3i.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_3441.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	111638

I use something very similar, think mine was tao tronics or something like that. Have it duck taped to the side of my battery box hahahaha. I would have paid an extra $150 for the sport to have it incorporated into my detector so that it ran off the batteries and didn't have an extra thing to charge. Also so it didn't have cords to catch stuff.

Do you mind me asking what brand of
    water resistant wireless
    you purchased. That is why I purchased the MX Sport and the weight is a lot less than my "V" detectors! I think most people would realize that they are not to be submerged in water. I have thought of getting the Z-link transmitter and receiver. I just didn't want any cords and wanted to stay with Whites!

I second the motion for wireless adaptable to my old MXT and DFX machines. I currently have Garretts, but would prefer to stay with the Whites brand.

I got my wireless headphone feature for the MX Sport figured out! I purchased a Garrett MS-3 headphone with Z-Link wireless transmitter from Amazon for $161.00, works awesome!

Man I am glad you posted that! thx! If you don't mind please let me know what kind of earbuds that is? Does it matter what the Frequency response is? Like how important is that for use with metal detectors?(i don't even know what freq range to be looking for?) I found some Kickers (20-20,000 Hz) that I would assume would be great but more than I would like to pay at $70.00-- Oh and by the way, I am a rookie at detecting so I even need to ask how you connect the transmitter to the MXSport?duh!- I am assuming you just plug it in to the earphone jack? If that's wrong please let me know. Thx! Can't wait to learn more from you guys! I am jacked about finally being able to try out the world of detecting down here in Pensacola, Fl.!
    Wish me luck and thanks for any help you may provide!

Quote Originally Posted by kleeper View Post
    Do you mind me asking what brand of
    water resistant wireless
    you purchased. That is why I purchased the MX Sport and the weight is a lot less than my "V" detectors! I think most people would realize that they are not to be submerged in water. I have thought of getting the Z-link transmitter and receiver. I just didn't want any cords and wanted to stay with Whites!
    Did you ever find out or decide on which earbuds and bt transmitter to go with?(MXSport) I am a rookie here so please enlighten me! Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy24 View Post
    I am assuming you just plug it in to the earphone jack?
    Welcome to the forum.
    There’s an adapter that lets you connect the headphones or a transmitter.
    Last edited by rchalker; 05-09-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    There’s an adapter that lets you connect the headphones or a transmitter.

Thx man! But please let me know if the freq response of the earbuds is real important? If so like what range shouls i be looking for? Thx again!

NOTE: First time out on the beach today in Destin, Fl. with the MX and found a shiny red iphone 7!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy24 View Post
    Thx man! But please let me know if the freq response of the earbuds is real important? If so like what range shouls i be looking for? Thx again!

NOTE: First time out on the beach today in Destin, Fl. with the MX and found a shiny red iphone 7!
    As far as I know the frequency on most transmitters for wireless headphones / earbuds are in the 2.4Ghz range. Newer technology is very fast responsive and works really well.

You found an iPhone, that’s great. Is it in working condition? If so you can try to get it back to the owner. Keep up the good work. Good luck and happy hunting.

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    I agree that going wireless is the best way to go with any metal detector. I also would love to see Whites come up with an add on transmitter that would work on any metal detector. It seems as if Whites should be looking at this issue and working on a solution. As many have stated they are using other brands to get the wireless feature for their headphones. I await a solution from Whites; but I will not wait forever. ;-)

So, my Sport headphones snapped yesterday lol. Same as many have stated in other feeds.

Already contacted Whites, I am sure they will make it right.

So......

I too am looking at water resistant transmitters to use my earbuds for the warmer seasons so I can rock my Tilley hat.

...the Indian Jones look seems produce better finds.

(Shhhh, its a secret.

Any brands/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Don't really see the need for super high end.

Just need it to work.

I have wireless buds.

Just need the transmitter and would prefer it to be somewhat weather resistant for rain.

I know all of the not great for water/submersible blah blah blah stuff.
    Last edited by RickPittsburgh; 06-17-2018 at 09:08 AM.