Whats next for whites?

I am really distracted by one of the new detectors released by another company recently. Is whites planning a release soon? I'm thinking about buying another detector(mainly so my daughter doesn't have to use my out of date bounty hunter) and would love to continue to support Whites if I could, but they currently don't offer what I need. Whites should I wait, or will it be too long for a release to happen? I'm thinking within 3 or 4 months tops is my time limit.

Whites doesn't announce what's in the works ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I've been looking at all the hype as well...I think the next one White's puts out will be ahead of its time like the V3i...no pressure White's!!!! LOL
    White's V3i, MX Sport & TRX Pinpointer

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    Whites doesn't announce what's in the works ....
    Seems like a good way to lose potential customers now a days. If they told me they were coming out with a multi frequency, waterproof, lightweight machine...... I wouldn't even bother to look at other manufactures, and would patiently wait. OH well. Guess I'll have to make a decisions when I get my tax refund back

Are you looking for a new machine for you or your daughter? I got my daughter a TreasurePro with a concentric coil and she loves it.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Are you looking for a new machine for you or your daughter? I got my daughter a TreasurePro with a concentric coil and she loves it.
    Im looking for me, so the sport would be what my daughter uses. I feel that multifrequency would seriously benefit my hunting areas/style. The v3i looks good, but isn't waterproof and I hear it is not too light. I simply am not allowed to own a machine thats not waterproof, as I would quickly ruin it guarenteed.

I can understand how you feel about wanting a multi-frequency / waterproof machine from White's. I have always wanted one too. Well if we want a USA built White's detector, all we can do is wait for what is next in line. Yes, the market is getting flooded with lots of new machines and it's putting pressure on the metal detecting community to own the newest and best detectors. I watch YouTube videos just like the rest of you and see what is out there. It puts pressure on the metal detector companies too. They are surly looking at ways to become better but sharing their ideas only helps other companies out. Apple has been doing this for years and look at the incredible products they have come out with. White's has treated me right so I myself will wait for a new detector from their assembly lines. If you decide to switch to another company, nobody is going to hold it against you.

Owning the "newest" is not always the same as "owning the best" ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

True story, but in terms of multifrequency, owning one over single frequency seems to be no contest. Mainly my problem is whites already have mostly what I want but I'm not careful enough to own it haha

There are some, but few things that a multi frequency unit can do that a good single frequency unit can't. A person who is "one" with their XLT / MXT will never be "out-gunned and surrounded" by someone with a multi frequency detector.

Little better handling of really bad EMI and ability to work smoother in wet / dry sand are the "two biggies". After that, there's improved TID, but I dig most everything that sounds right and passes the 3-S test anyhow. And everything over VDI 50 gets a dig !!

I haven't seen other unit by any other manufacturer that does more than V3i in terms of actual performance. I don't give any value to GPS, clocks, USB ports, etc. None of those things have any effect on depth or the ability to work in a harsh environment - EMI or matrix. But hey, that's just one man's opinion.

I'm just asking...in your opinion, what value does a faster processor have in terms of actual performance? I don't see a down side to it....

Waterproof, multi frequency, fast processor, deep seeking, lightweight, wireless, seperation and unmasking good targets in iron seems to be the main features that everyone wants in one unit for under a $1000.00 and they ask themselves...how many of these can I check off the list that my detector can do.

I can check off a lot with my two !!!

PP
    White's V3i, MX Sport & TRX Pinpointer

The faster the processor, the more tasks it can perform. The "real question" is how many "important tasks" can it perform ?? After you get thru the "big four"; Detect, Analyze, Display and Housekeep, everything else is "gravy". The "fastest" processor is, of course, analog. But we don't want analog detectors. They are "old technology". Black and White display ?? Heaven forbid !! A VDI of 82 in color is MUCH better than one in dull black .... And remember, we're always waiting on the display. Just like our Super Computers. We want parallel processors that execute TRILLIONS of instructions per second, then wait MINUTES for the results to be printed ....

If there's a "downside" its paying for a processor that spends 50% of its time idle. That's just a waste of money. But, XXX MHz / MFlops sounds good and "sounds good sells".

All the other things you mention are already available, and the "order of importance" is a matter of choice. I'm with you. I can pick two of my detectors and have it all. Personally, I like a "purpose built tool". For example, if I want to work the water, I want a waterproof detector. In the water I dig everything, so a PI unit generally gets the nod. If I'm working the low tide line, the waterproof VLF steps in, with the PI next in line. I don't want the PI up on the dry sand with the foil, crown caps, etc. You get the idea ....

Anyhow - at the end of the day, I'd rather see my money spent on depth, stable ops and quality. "Fast enough" is fast enough for me .... I was in the Navy. I am qualified and proficient at "hurry up and wait". I don't need my detector doin' that too ....

Heck if anyone knows a good method to waterproof the v3i themselves I might even think about trying that. I really just want a waterproof multifrequency that is a whites. I have been pleased with my sport so far.

I feel your pain, I really do. I want my V3i to be waterproof too. If I had a 3D printer, I’d probably try building one.

I can understand how you feel about wanting a multi-frequency / waterproof machine from White's.

That's called the BH 300. 3Khz / 15Khz. Basically a "waterproof DFX".

I can understand how you feel about wanting a multi-frequency / waterproof machine from White's.

That's called the BH 300. 3Khz / 15Khz. Basically a "waterproof DFX".
    Yeah, but why did White's discontinue it? I would still like to see a V3i that was waterproof. A machine I can change my coils on the fly. It would be very sweet to use it in and under the water at the beach with the concentric coils, hunt trashy areas on land with my trusty 4x6"DD Shooter and also hunt some heavy mineralized ground with my White's 10"DD. Having all the V3i functions and that beautiful color display to look at. And one other new feature... a SD card slot for I can watch movies all day long while I detect a large area. Okay, that last one is a joke people. Don't get any ideas. I'm running on less than five hours sleep in three days, I need to make humor when my insomnia is kicking my butt.

Just because another detector claims multi frequency does not mean its as good as Whites. Whites has bar and charts for each frequency so you can analyze better. WHites has 95 positive different VDI's not 30. The other machine is faster to swing. There weren't any signals it found that my V3i didn't pick up. The V was able to analyze the signals better and a little deeper. I'm not trashing the other just it doesn't meat my needs as well as the V3i.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackdog View Post
    Just because another detector claims multi frequency does not mean its as good as Whites. Whites has bar and charts for each frequency so you can analyze better. WHites has 95 positive different VDI's not 30. The other machine is faster to swing. There weren't any signals it found that my V3i didn't pick up. The V was able to analyze the signals better and a little deeper. I'm not trashing the other just it doesn't meat my needs as well as the V3i.
    The whole reason I'm asking is because I Don't want to buy another machine besides whites, but I am a super impatient person haha. The v3i with minor updates and with a waterproof box would be ideal....hint hint whites. But I simply am never ever allowed something thats not waterproof. Heck I managed to break my ground hawg twice, forget about giving me a nice detector that I can fry by setting down in tall wet grass or a puddle.