Thread: Goldmaster II

Goldmaster II

Hello everyone, just joined the forum. I recently received a Goldmaster II in mint condition. I don't think this thing has ever been out of it's leather carrying bag. If this thing has been used, it was only for a few minutes in a yard or park, not a single scratch on the coil. It even had the original rechargeable battery pack and charger along with replaceable battery pack in perfect condition. I charged the 26 year old battery pack knowing that it wouldn't take a charge, and after an 8 hour charge I put the battery pack in the detector and I was completely suprised that the battery pack was fully charged so today I took it out for it's maiden voyage. Two hours at sandy river beach and I found a penny, a sinker, probably about 25 bottle caps 3 shell casings, some random steel scrap pieces melted aluminum cans. For never using this or any other type of metal detector before I feel like ground balamcing wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Welcome to the forum !! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Good luck and good hunting !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Welcome to the forum Rattrap. You’d better watch how much hunting you do. This hobby is very addictive. The next thing you know, you’ll be out metal detecting all the time. But seriously, the metal detecting hobby is very relaxing and it’s a great way to save historical items. Some of the targets you find will just amuse you and it will get your mind racing by thinking whom it could have been that lost the artifacts.

Do you know exactly what you’re interested in finding yet? If after you’ve MD'ed with your Goldmaster and really find interest in the MD'ing hobby you may want to look at newer machines with the latest technology. The newer machines have discrimination that helps you identify a target before you dig it from the ground. For instance, if you’re interested in finding relics, coins and jewelry, you may want to look at the MX7, MX Sport or the MXT All Pro. These machines are the most popular detectors and have a great price for all they do. You will be quite amazed on the technology of the newer machines and the advantages you get from them. It’s so nice to have an idea on what you’re extracting from the ground before you even start digging. It still takes practice but the more you metal detect the better you get at it.

You found this forum and it’s a super source of information about metal detecting and much more. If you have any questions about MD’ing or about your Goldmaster, you are definitely in the right place.

MX7 - https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/mx7/?lang=us
    MX Sport - https://www.whiteselectronics.com/pr...undle/?lang=us
    MXT All Pro - https://www.whiteselectronics.com/pr...undle/?lang=us

Try to find a local dealer for you can get some demonstrations. You will find some dealers have better pricing than other dealers. Just look around. You can send me a private message and I can point you to some dealers I use online.

Good luck and happy hunting,

Rodney
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Here’s a link to the manual of your Goldmaster II if you don’t have it.

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/wp...ion_manual.pdf

Thanks for the warm welcome. I mostly plan on MD'ing for gold but since I dont have any gold large enough for MD to pick up on (or my ear just isn't tuned enough to hear the change of the tone) so I'm just learning to use it before I go nugget shooting.

You have the right machine to find gold. You just need to learn those sounds. Just remember, practice practice practice. I’m no prospector but I’m sure someone here will have some good tips for you. Just give them time to see this thread.

I would appreciate any and all advice I can get using this MD. I can't afford to buy a newer model at this time, maybe I'll find a nugget one day so I could afford a newer model.��⛏. The only reason I was able to get this MD was that it belonged to my parents neighbor and he never used it so he offered it to me for nothing since he never used it and I've been prospecting every weekend lately.

There’s a guy on YouTube, "Ask Jeff Williams." He’s a bit nuts but he knows how to find gold. He has a lot of videos but the ones I’ve watched with him using a White’s gold machine, he does awesome. He explained how the machine is supposed to sound when it hits on gold too. Maybe check out some of his videos, you might learn something. I know I learned a lot about finding gold watching them with my daughter. My daughter likes his videos because they’re funny. But besides being funny he explains where to look for gold and where the MD hits on small nuggets. He takes groups of people out and they find some very interesting nuggets too. I hope you find this useful.

Thanks for the information Rodney.

Rattrap

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    There’s a guy on YouTube, "Ask Jeff Williams." He’s a bit nuts but he knows how to find gold. He has a lot of videos but the ones I’ve watched with him using a White’s gold machine, he does awesome. He explained how the machine is supposed to sound when it hits on gold too. Maybe check out some of his videos, you might learn something. I know I learned a lot about finding gold watching them with my daughter. My daughter likes his videos because they’re funny. But besides being funny he explains where to look for gold and where the MD hits on small nuggets. He takes groups of people out and they find some very interesting nuggets too. I hope you find this useful.
    Jeff is completely out of his mind haha, but the man finds gold.