Thread: v4i

v4i

Please. I love my v3i and am currently on the market for another one or two detectors for the coming season. I would definitely like it to be a Whites. I want a high end multi frequency waterproof detector. I know companies don't like to prematurely release info on new detectors or what's being developed. But my fingers are crossed that Whites have been cooking something up. With everything else going on in the detecting world, I'm getting antsy.

I have had V3i since field testing days, and I am still learning things .... If you have "mastered" everything there is to know about V3i, you are one heck of a guy and my hats off to ya' !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

By no means have I mastered it. In fact some days we speak to each other better than others. I just really would love to have the v3i's options and versatility in the rivers and lakes also. I realize that threads like this have popped up a lot over the years. I just have been working a lot, and have some money to expand in the toy area. The V has been out for awhile now. There has to be away to take that tech under water.

I don’t think it would be useful with all those options on a submerged machine. I hunt in the water with my machine totally submerged to where I can’t see the gage. It would be hard to try to adjust all those choices while the unit is under water

Germany, Switzerland and France border region
    Looks like many users are waiting for a new multifrequency, high-end machine from Whites. Meanwhile a multifrequency MX Sport would make me happier.

I'm not talking of a telescopic shaft coming with the new machine because I already built one for my VX3 and may already get a MX Sport working on a Mars or Golden Mask shaft and it seems like it would take a couple of years of engineering and I understand that engineering capabilities are much better spent in other projects.
    Last edited by rockhound.de; 03-01-2018 at 01:37 AM.
    ~ Whites Spectra VX3 with 950 and Detech 12*10 SEF coil
    ~ Fisher CZ-3D
    ~ Tangra Relic Hunter 2
    ~ Whites TRX, Minelab GoFind 25

I’m sure White’s is cooking something up. I keep seeing newer machines that are much smaller with a much lower requirement for battery power. I haven’t use the new multi frequency machine from ML but it definitely has a small mass to it and it’s battery is internal and requires a recharge. And when the battery has lived it’s life you have to send it back to ML for a replacement. How much is that going to be? I don’t know about you but I really like the choice of changing my batteries when they’re in need of a change. I think a machine running multiple frequencies is going to be very much in need of power to work for long hunts so I have a hard time believing the ML is going to be able to hunt from dawn to dusk like I like to hunt sometimes. Even my headphones, I want to be able to replace my batteries. That’s what I like about the White’s V3i, you can hunt long term without stopping.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I've seen videos of the Nox they way the V3's do the multi frequency is the way is should be. You can see the out put for each freq and analyze. As far needing newer V I'm cool with what I have. Every time out I try to think of different things to try with it and also try to interpret the signals bÍte. This led to reliably digging less trash
    Last edited by Mackdog; 03-01-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Right on Mackdog. I can’t see another machine being better than my V3i because of what you mentioned. The functionality of the screen and it’s abilities to help me identify my targets. If White’s comes out with a new multiple frequency machine, yes I will be forced into an upgrade just because I’m hooked on White’s machines. I’m twisting my arm not to purchase the latest White’s detectors, but I know I will still use my V3i over a single frequency machine so why bother. I can’t say whom it is that has the best metal detector on the market but I know for me the best is White’s. I believe in the company and all the good people working hard to make White’s a number one company. Also, as hard as it is these days to build a USA made product, White’s has done their best in purchasing components here, and also done very well in keeping the detector priced right for we can afford it. And I’ve been down this road of manufacturing goods, I know what a difficult job engineering is and how much it cost to pay employees.

So you that wait for a new multi frequency detector from White’s, just remember the V3i is in my honest opinion the best machine to get the job done. If and when a new multi frequency machine comes out, only then will we get a new toy to play with.

V3i ..... Proven performance .... Excellent track record .... Whites Customer Service and Support .... What's not to love ??
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound.de View Post
    Meanwhile a multifrequency MX Sport would make me happier.
    Sign me up and take my money

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    I want to be able to replace my batteries. That’s what I like about the White’s V3i, you can hunt long term without stopping.
    There are already photos showing the open battery compartment of the nox. It's really easy to access and the batteries are the same that you find in smartphones. Let it be i-pple, the french or ML, all have batteries that can easily be accessed and replaced - at least if you care about the warranty. If you know that warranty periods of electronic devices sold in Europe are usually shorter than the life span of the powercells you can be sure that they will get changed by customers.

On the other hand I already talked to some guys in Australia that replied to my "but you can't change the battery" argument that due to the USB connector even powerbanks work like a charme on the ML and allow for a quick recharge if needed, making it easier to accept hard-wired powercells if you don't want to mess up the warranty of your device.
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 03-04-2018 at 06:09 AM.
    ~ Fisher CZ-3D
    ~ Tangra Relic Hunter 2

I have also been waiting on Whites to come out with new multi frequency water proof machine as well. I have the V3i, DFX, and MX sport as well as an ML CTX 3030 but use the V3I as my main go to machine. I have been tempted, but am patiently waiting on Whites.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound.de View Post
    There are already photos showing the open battery compartment of the nox. It's really easy to access and the batteries are the same that you find in smartphones. Let it be i-pple, the french or ML, all have batteries that can easily be accessed and replaced - at least if you care about the warranty. If you know that warranty periods of electronic devices sold in Europe are usually shorter than the life span of the powercells you can be sure that they will get changed by customers.

On the other hand I already talked to some guys in Australia that replied to my "but you can't change the battery" argument that due to the USB connector even powerbanks work like a charme on the ML and allow for a quick recharge if needed, making it easier to accept hard-wired powercells if you don't want to mess up the warranty of your device.
    But not having a quick easy way to change the battery is still going to be a problem for some of us. For instance, if you go to the Detectival UK Rally for several days and want to hunt the whole event you’re going to run into problems while living in a tent. Yes, there are power cells you can use to charge the battery but maybe I want to be metal detecting and not be sitting around waiting for the machine to charge. Also how many days of metal detecting will be lost because a person forgot to charge the battery the night before. I think I’ll stay with my machines with batteries I can change when I want.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    But not having a quick easy way to change the battery is still going to be a problem for some of us. For instance, if you go to the Detectival UK Rally for several days and want to hunt the whole event you’re going to run into problems while living in a tent. Yes, there are power cells you can use to charge the battery but maybe I want to be metal detecting and not be sitting around waiting for the machine to charge. Also how many days of metal detecting will be lost because a person forgot to charge the battery the night before. I think I’ll stay with my machines with batteries I can change when I want.
    Using the same argument you could also sell your car and buy a horse. There is always more gras and alike than fuel-stations - true? Batteries are expensive and neither their use nor their production is what one would call ecologicaly correct.

There are alternatives. You could f.e. add a USB connector (not the long missing one to transfer data from somewhere in the Outback in your V3i) to at least charge the replaceable and rechargeable powercells. Even for my VX3 this is a task easy to do on my own, since it takes just a Thermistor to deal with the warmth of the charging cells. This would also allow for the use of powerbanks. What about making Oregon great again by copying some techniques that even the chinese are already selling for no money?
    ~ Fisher CZ-3D
    ~ Tangra Relic Hunter 2

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    V3i ..... Proven performance .... Excellent track record .... Whites Customer Service and Support .... What's not to love ??
    It's heavy, drains power like a pro and for nearly a decade people a waiting for at least telescopic shafts to have it fit in a backpack. Since it's an outdoor hobby I find myself more often than not using my telescopic carbon shaft thingy from Bulgaria that is very lightweight AND sturdy, has a recovery speed like a beast and detects deeper than the DeeUS. On a sidenote, it costs a 3rd of the DeeUS and less than half of the MX3 and discriminates iron like a charm. Not that I don't like my VX3 and all the stuff I found with it - but the both of us grew older. Not better.
    ~ Fisher CZ-3D
    ~ Tangra Relic Hunter 2

I think this thread has run its course .... When Whites is ready to announce a new machine, we'll all hear about it.

Good luck and good hunting to all ...