Thread: Nobody posting

Nobody posting

We haven't seen finds posted since Tpmetal posted on 1/18, that's 19 days ago. I know a lot of us are wintered in, but we've got lots of southern members who should be able to get out. Come on you southerners, please find and post something we can all enjoy. 19 days is a long dry spell! LTD

Yep, I’m snowed in here in Ohio. We just got hit from another snowstorm. I’ve just been sitting around watching the tv or playing the guitar. I sure have the winter blues.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Tax time .... Spring weather = yard work !! Besides, these days, unless its a nice ring, or some old silver, I don't bother posting pics.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Snowed in here! Supposed to get another up to 8 inches tonight. Trust me I wanna get out. I got a few hopeful private permissions lined up.
    Last year it was in the 70s 5 times in February. Not this year as we are buried.

It's been a mild winter here with very little snow and not many real cold spells. One of the mildest I can remember. The wind however has been brutal and non-stop for so long I can't remember the last calm day. Fifty mph wind here right now. Not much fun swinging a detector in this kind of wind.

I got out for an hour hunt this afternoon but only found three shotgun shell bases and a four hole button. Not worth posting. But, I did find my wedding band that I lost a few months back. It was laying on the garage floor next to the 30 gallon can I keep bird seed in.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Pretty sure I found a musket ball two days ago. Looking at internet photos it really matches 18th century. Haven't had time to learn how to post photos but I have seen posts on site how to do it. Without some photos of my finds and help identifying them I figured it would not be to exciting for rest of you guys. Also with out photos people will just say, YEA RIGHT. Moving next week and taking time away from hobby.

I'de post more but ny is snowed in, and I already broke my shovel last time digging and prying in the frozen ground...... then syrup season is coming so I'll be focusing some efforts there for a bit. tapping trees this weekend, hopefully making sweet sticky stuff by next week.

Fresh made syrup and hot biscuits / pancakes !!! Mmmmmm ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

No chance of tapping trees where I live, Tpmetal. I bet it's a lot of work but the rewards are worth it. As Fox says, biscuits and pancakes, oh boy. We pay high dollar for the real stuff. LTD

Finally getting out will post picks this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Long time digger View Post
    No chance of tapping trees where I live, Tpmetal. I bet it's a lot of work but the rewards are worth it. As Fox says, biscuits and pancakes, oh boy. We pay high dollar for the real stuff. LTD
    I make some top shelf stuff, nothing like you buy from the big companies selling you plastics jugs. Only sugar maples tapped..... makes the good stuff

Been a while since I worked a sugar shack in northern PA. Lots of all-nighters boiling sap but that first run is liquid gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdigs View Post
    Been a while since I worked a sugar shack in northern PA. Lots of all-nighters boiling sap but that first run is liquid gold.
    Yeah for sure gonna loose a lot of sleep soon, but yes that first run is usually great stuff! Started selling it last year for the first time(been making it for 20+years before that) cleared over 20 gallons last year. This year looks as if it will be a great year so I'm hoping to hit 30! Then I'll sell it to the southerners, last year people were fighting over it at $50 a gallon, $30 a half gallon, $20 a quart, and $12 a pint. The trick is you be sure to mention how well it goes with coffee and a combined addiction ensues, then you have em hooked like junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    Yeah for sure gonna loose a lot of sleep soon, but yes that first run is usually great stuff! Started selling it last year for the first time(been making it for 20+years before that) cleared over 20 gallons last year. This year looks as if it will be a great year so I'm hoping to hit 30! Then I'll sell it to the southerners, last year people were fighting over it at $50 a gallon, $30 a half gallon, $20 a quart, and $12 a pint. The trick is you be sure to mention how well it goes with coffee and a combined addiction ensues, then you have em hooked like junkies.
    Still waiting for the ground to soften up here as well. May hit 50 this week but ground hard as a rock

Weather and health haven't lined up for me lately,, but I'll get out soon. Good luck to all. Art
    Growing old is not for sissies.I thought it would take longer to get old.

Waiting on some warmer weather here as well. I have lived in Ohio all of my life and I still don't get the weather here. Temps will be bouncing like a rubber ball until April.
    Anyone can dig a plug, I prefer a plug full of goodies.

4 inches of white today. Some real cold, 15 degrees, next week. I might be back to waiting again.

V got to the doctor today. Might be good timing as long as it gets back in the next 2 weeks!
    Last edited by Gus; 02-14-2018 at 03:03 PM.