V rated 950 eclipse coil

I went out this morning for a couple hour hunt. I put my 950 eclipse search coil on as I just haven't used it for a long while. I had forgotten just how good this coil coin shoots. This got me thinking... I wondered how many others have forgotten it? I also wondered just how many people still use it fairly often still? Either way I had a great hunt and a great time. Even found myself a nice silver ring, yep my wife has it on now lol.
    Happy hunting,
    Johan

950 is my "go to" beach coil. I also use it when working large rec areas, etc that aren't too trashy .... Good goin' on the silver ring !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I use my 950 A LOT.

I have really, really mild soil where I hunt, so I tend to go 950 with it. The only time I don't use it initially is when I am hunting a new patch of land. I will use either the U13 or the 6x10DD until I get a good grasp of the land. If it is generally mild soil, I will switch. Like Fox, it is my go to coil on the beach, both wet sand and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by BottleCapKing View Post
    I use my 950 A LOT.

I have really, really mild soil where I hunt, so I tend to go 950 with it. The only time I don't use it initially is when I am hunting a new patch of land. I will use either the U13 or the 6x10DD until I get a good grasp of the land. If it is generally mild soil, I will switch. Like Fox, it is my go to coil on the beach, both wet sand and dry.
    Me too. Actually, I use the 9" Spider coil on my V3i, which electrically is the same as the 950 just in a slightly different housing. The 9" concentric is great on the V3i and is my go-to coil most of the time. It has stable and accurate ID, the symmetrical cone-shaped detection pattern makes sizing and telling what's going on under the coil very easy to visualize, and it balances perfectly on the V3i. It's not quite as deep as the Ultimate 13", but I find the advantages of the 9" concentric outweigh the slight loss in depth. It's just a really easy-handling, stable, good disc'ing coil on the V3i.

The 9" concentrics are under appreciated coils, especially on the V3i/VX3.

It hits deeeeep too...
    "REMEMBER" ........ EVEN THE WORST DAY DETECTING IS STILL BETTER THAN THE BEST DAY WORKING............
    Eagle Spectrum, ----
    Coils include, 5.3, 950, 12" Hothead, Bigfoot. /

MXT.----
    Coils include, 4x6, 6x10, 950, 1400. /

V3i-----
    Coils include 10DD, 950, 6x10, 4x6