Mxt ap Gain Question

I have a question?, when I raise my gain from off to the preset it makes a click sound a few times as I raise the level of the gain, is this normal cause I find it annoying my gmt doesn't make the noise why dose this mxt make it.

Mine does the same thing. This is normal. See #8 on page 25 of the manual.

Yes .... That's normal ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

thank you for the response I can quit stressing it, another question I had was im only getiing 12 inches away on a nickel target in an air test with the u13 coil is that normal

A foot on a nickel, especially in an air test is good !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Wow! A foot on a nickel is terrific. You have a good machine and/or coil there. What do you get on a quarter?
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

my machine is weird or the coil is at least I get a quarter at 9 inches a dime and penny at 8 and a nickel at12 inches

That is pretty weird. I think your detector will do great on gold rings since it hits on nickels so well.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Moe: You might find this useful / interesting .... http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/...-10-16-DFX-MXT

That clicking sound is a good thing and you will hear the MXT do it at 5 different levels, 1) when you turn in on 2) at around the 3 position 3) at the 5.4 and 4) at the 8.5 position and 5) at the 10.7 position,

These clicks are very important because each click is multiplying the return signal Gain IE:- On The Dial 1 to 2.9 = 1x the Gain of the return signal, 3 to 5.3 = 2x the original signal, 5.4 to 8.4 = 4x the original signal and 8.5 to 10.6 = 8x the original signal gain and at 10.7 and upwards = 16x times the original signal Gain,

It is these Gain steps which make the MXT Dwarf all other machines which is why it can see such tiny nuggets etc, People just buy the MXT without really knowing how the machine works, and many people complain that it is noisy without the above wisdom

AND The GMT does it as well being 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x, BUT here is the kicker ?? Flick you boost switch ON and 1x becomes 4x, and 2x becomes 8x, and 4x becomes 16x and 8x becomes 32x and finally 16x becomes 64x YES THATS RIGHT, It can Boost the original signal 64 Times Louder which means you will/Can find Bits that can not be weighed.

This is why the MXT and the GMT's are still the Best ever machines ever made, and to this day the MXT is still the best VLF on the market and why it is the backbone of Whites Electronics, And why it should ALWAYS be in the Whites Line Up, So many people do not realise just what the MXT is about it can actually see nuggets that weigh as small as 0.0002ozt, and apart from LF frequency machines like the GMT and other machines that run above the 50khz mark very few if any can match the MXT when it comes to sensitivity including other products in the Whites line up,

If you are willing to take the time to learn what the MXT is saying and "NOT" treat it as a Bleep and Dig machine it will reward you in Buckets. Listen to the machine and it will teach you, Don't try and make the MXT do things your way, Learn it's way and you will be rewarded.

Happy New Year, Blessin's to All.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough Moe View Post
    my machine is weird or the coil is at least I get a quarter at 9 inches a dime and penny at 8 and a nickel at12 inches
    Depending on which Coil you are using the distance will change, I am getting 14" on a Quarter. to where it bleeps and using the 3rd Tone all metal sound using the Relic Mode I can hear it at 21 to 22 inches, This is why I said about learning the Machine in my above Post.

John.
    Last edited by auminesweeper; 01-01-2018 at 09:37 AM.