Treasure Pro gold label D2 10" DD coil question

Hello all. First off, I have had a few older White's detectors (a couple XLT's & old coinmaster & others) and I change detectors like some change clothes. But, I just got a Treasure Pro and am confused about the coil...and I tried a forum search but got a 20 page return & a cursory look didn't provide help.

So, when I ordered it, I noticed in the picture that the 10" DD D2 had a gold label instead of the gray like the Spectra series detectors, so I figured it must be a different freq. I thought I ordered a correct coil cover based on that info. But, I also now realize that the gold D2 label is also on 2 different 10" DD coils...it appears there was an old style and a new style. Correct? The old style gold label does have a coil cover, but not the new...??

I called White's and mentioned that I had a new TP w/ a D2 Gold label and the person just said they didn't have a coil cover. To me that was an incomplete answer. Did they have a different coil and a cover that worked and now they don't because they made a change?

And, I don't think I am going to like this new coil because it feels like a cheap coil with the shaft ears molded in to the coil instead of the affixed ones of old...even putting the bolt thru caused popping noises and feels wobbly compared to the good coils. I know other brands have experienced that problem and had to issue a fix...but that will likely cost me money in the future I don't really have.

So, as cheap as this coil feels and no cover available for it, are we seeing any failure rates...water damage, cracking of the ears, wobbly coil causing interference, etc. I admit I haven't even put the thing to the ground (due to the 20 degree weather this week) but initial impression is that I feel like I wasted $400 (bundle) on a name I previously trusted.

With that said, and sorry for any ranting, but I want opinions before I break it...and, FYI, I have never broken any of the 12 or 15 detectors I've had before but this seems like a toy, albeit an expensive one.

Thanks for input.

Welcome to the forum !! Here's a link to the TreasurePro. https://www.whiteselectronics.com/wp...0-0346-DMX.jpg

As you can see, the D2 coil DOES have a different label. And you're correct. The Treasure series units are 8Khz units. The coils from the V-machines won't work on the Treasure series, and vice-versa.

There IS a coil cover for the 10"DD open loop, but I don't know if it will fit the TP coil. I'll send this directly to Whites for you ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

The 10 DD search coil housing... first used on the Treasure Pro, 1st without a bottom (epoxy bottom) then with a bottom (no visible epoxy), has proven to be tougher / more reliable, and lighter weight, compared to the original 10 DD housings used for V3i / MXT. White's is now using this same housing to build the V3i and MXT 10" DD search coil in.

For this 10 DD coil, without a bottom (epoxy visible bottom)... search coil cover #501-4140 is the proper fit.

For this 10 DD coil with a bottom, (no visible epoxy) White's currently has a solid search coil cover (for stubble use) #501-4144. These solid bottom (flat with no openings), are desired for stubble, grass stubs or farm crop subs. The spider designs tend to hang up on stubble. Europe has an overwhelming preference for these solid search coil covers (primarily farm field hunts). And they are far easier to tool up for (couple days), so came first.

White's is currently "tooling up" for a coil cover for the new housing 10 DD search coil in a spider (open design). We expect have it available on or before January 1st 2018.

As White's perfects the build process, we did note some inconsistencies in the attachment ears, that we have resolved. Mostly minor aliment issues with the custom drilling fixtures.

If the solid bottom coil cover is not desired, hold on, White's will have the spider version available as soon as Tool & Die gets I right. The spider designs are surprisingly difficult to get the great fit it needs, due to variable material shrinkage rates and snap on/snap off requirements.

Howard
    Last edited by showard; 12-12-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks as always Howard for the fast and complete answer !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I got the TreasurePro for my daughter a year ago and I’ve had my share of time playing with it. I haven’t had any issues at all with the machine or with the 10”DD coil. Seems to be pretty well built.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300