Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    BoxerBrock44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    190

    13" coil just got here!

    My 13 inch coil just got here for my v3i! The thing is a beast. I was having issues with the stock 10 inch coil hitting on a 7 inch quarter but did manage to get it to hit on it. With this new 13 inch coil its not a problem at all. The ID is great also. My confidence in the V3i just went through the roof. I can't wait to get out for a hunt with it. I would definitely recommend getting to 13 inch coil for any machine. I also have it for my Sport and absolutely love it.

  2. #2
    Darwin Hartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Long beach Wa
    Posts
    2,116
    I have on for all my detectors and it is my go to coil at this point...I am looking into a 12x15 that Mac is using...
    Just Swing and Dig......(einfach Zu schwingen und graben......)

  3. #3
    trapperart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,866
    I use the 13 on my MXT pro. I like it, but don't trust the depth, it's usually off, but used right it will sniff out some deep targets. Good luck
    Growing old is not for sissies.I thought it would take longer to get old.

  4. #4
    Darwin Hartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Long beach Wa
    Posts
    2,116
    I use the 10" coil setting for the 13" and it works well...
    Just Swing and Dig......(einfach Zu schwingen und graben......)

  5. #5
    BoxerBrock44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by trapperart View Post
    I use the 13 on my MXT pro. I like it, but don't trust the depth, it's usually off, but used right it will sniff out some deep targets. Good luck
    OK thanks I'll keep that in mind. On the coins I have buried in my yard the depth was spot on.

  6. #6
    BoxerBrock44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin Hartman View Post
    I use the 10" coil setting for the 13" and it works well...
    Yes after talking with others that's the setting I used when I tested it and it worked awesome!

  7. #7
    deolslyfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    47,144
    You might consider sealing the coil cover. It collects dirt readily. At the beach, its like a front end loader !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

  8. #8
    BoxerBrock44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    You might consider sealing the coil cover. It collects dirt readily. At the beach, its like a front end loader !!
    Ha ha. Yeah I need to on both of mine. I just take the cover off and clean it here and there.

  9. #9
    Eastcoastdigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NY to MD
    Posts
    475
    Keep us posted on your finds and depths.

  10. #10
    rchalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,288
    Sounds like your ready to have some fun.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300



  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spokane Wa
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin Hartman View Post
    I have on for all my detectors and it is my go to coil at this point...I am looking into a 12x15 that Mac is using...
    Watch out Darwin it will blow your mind. This week I hit a 7” Canadian fish scale in a trashy park

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBrock44 View Post
    My 13 inch coil just got here for my v3i! The thing is a beast. I was having issues with the stock 10 inch coil hitting on a 7 inch quarter but did manage to get it to hit on it. With this new 13 inch coil its not a problem at all. The ID is great also. My confidence in the V3i just went through the roof. I can't wait to get out for a hunt with it. I would definitely recommend getting to 13 inch coil for any machine. I also have it for my Sport and absolutely love it.
    Want one for my sport badly!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Western NY State
    Posts
    16
    Keep us posted on how it goes for you! I use the stock 10"DD and a 9" Spider Coil -- I'm always concerned about separating out trash vs. goods stuff with a larger coil but maybe you'll talk me right into it...best of luck to ya!

  14. #14
    rchalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,288
    Donpie and I were doing some testing with the Detech 13”DD yesterday. I was using my 2.5 frequency program and the Detech coil was picking up a 10” buried quarter with the coil 4” above the ground. I could only detect the quarter with the 10”DD coil with it 2” above the ground. So a 14” quarter isn’t to shabby. Now remember that’s running the 2.5 frequency. You get quite a bit more depth running in single frequency mode.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300



  15. #15
    BoxerBrock44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Donpie and I were doing some testing with the Detech 13”DD yesterday. I was using my 2.5 frequency program and the Detech coil was picking up a 10” buried quarter with the coil 4” above the ground. I could only detect the quarter with the 10”DD coil with it 2” above the ground. So a 14” quarter isn’t to shabby. Now remember that’s running the 2.5 frequency. You get quite a bit more depth running in single frequency mode.
    What we're your sensitivity settings? That's very impressive.

  16. #16
    rchalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBrock44 View Post
    What we're your sensitivity settings? That's very impressive.
    I can’t tell you, it’s a secret!
    Rx Gain - 10
    Discrimination - 85-90
    All Metal - 65
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in