Designing for today's data interpolation

Something to think about.....

If all machines in the industry are linear since origination of detecting. Assuming since tones directed a user predominantly backed by needles determining readings. Why is it that since incorporating vibrant colorful screens with enormous amounts of settings and data to mentally process about targets, that my dominant right hand controlling the linear detector is offset due to my non linear capabilities of my body to hold the detector directly in front of my eyes.

Simple solution... extension whip for display and a grip/bar that offsets the screen to become linear with the users body while keeping the detector comfortable as we have always swung them. This way we have a heads up display dashboard in front of us and read in swinging unison instead of slowing or breaking stride or have to come out of our cadence.

my GoPro hangs off the left side of my detector about 7" from center of the detectors shaft. It's easily seen, dashboard style operation with no adjusting to square up when viewing....

Seems to me that the display is going to move in an arc regardless of the starting point. Anything that offsets the centering of the display will also offset the balance of the detector. JMHO ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

That's true... maybe counter it with wife trying to contact you module on the other side to equal balance. Big flashing lights, etc so you know to walk to the truck to get your phone. Kidding.

As I thought after last post. Maybe a wireless headset where only one eye is in observance and other can see digging, etc or angled so look slightly up and see detectors operations while normal eye relaxed see's digging, etc. kinda like a VR headset but only one eye or angled. IDK, just thinking out loud. Headset would keep buttons on the detector, lighten it and give continuous display view.

I have to agree with KM. Since the shaft of the detector is almost an extension of my forearm, it is only really visible to me when pointing to either my extreme right or left, in a fairly straight arm position. Anywhere else I find it difficult to view the screen, especially on sunny days. For that reason I tend to pay a lot more attention to the tones than I do to the display. I sure like the look of the modern colourful displays out there today but I tend to feel that unless I can mount it directly in front of me and remote from the shaft, it would probably be a waste of money in my case.

Not so much that the detectors are all made that way but as an upgrade, kind of like a hip mount kit. The kit would have a longer whip for the screen to connect into the existing wiring harness and a frame piece that connected to the hand grip (same mounting as the screen currently does). The extenstion frame would just be attached and then the screen attached to the end of the extension frame to move the screen left or right 4-6" and rotate 5-10 degrees. Just a customization thing, more customization is good.

Be nice to have carbon fiber, red, blue, green, chrome, etc rods too.

Also if were dreaming here... two coils at the same time with saved different settings. 10DD with a 6x10 eclipse built into it so you could toggle back and forth between coils (saved auto settings auto swap upon toggle). You get the best of the 10DD and when in a tight target area as the site changes or a questionable target in which the bigger 10 is having a hard time with differentiating...just flip toggle and send the 6x10 blade down there to sort it out. Toggle left cause the current forward and reverse are taken up already by awesomeness.

Ssriously just brainstorming, there's a future and evolution to everything.

Carbon fiber would surely lighten the units up but it would surely bring the cost of manufacturing in turn bringing up our cost. The White's rods right now are very light weight. If the whole construction of the box, coils, and rods were the same material or carbon fiber it might drop a half pound. I know it doesn't sound like much but it is. I know when I use my 4x6"DD Shooter coil, it's so light and that's not a large weight change. One thing for sure is I still love the design of the V3i now. I find the V pretty great in every way except it's not waterproof. I'm sure the next V Series unit will be outstanding. As we dream of a new machine the engineers at White's dream up ways to make it happen.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Just keep them as a black box, always been the best. Just extra ideals so if people want to custom theirs up they can purchase extras. Takes care of the itch people get looking at other brands that have the "bat mobile" look.

Yeah, the black box is a great look.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300