Thread: U-13 & vx3

U-13 & vx3

I am at a loss can't seem to get the coil and machine on same page up down with sensitivity all I get is nails come up as solid signals maybe halo effect?

Does your VX3 ID nails correctly with the 950 concentric ?? How does the U-13 VDI from other known "good" targets such as coins compare with the VDI that you get when the 950 is use ??

If the two coils give you significantly different VDIs, see which one is most in line with the "normal" VDIs for those targets. That will help you isolate a bad coil issue.

If only the U-13 is having issues with nails, and that is its ONLY issue, you may need to work on the ground balance. You have a lot more ground return from the U-13. You may need to change your VDI mask as well to aid with iron rejection.

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

VDI mask as well to aid with iron rejection ?

I ground balance comes up no numbers just-- Solid signals tonight both ways 4 nails Sweep seed slow on -13 does it only beep in middle

My 2 cents worth: I have a VX3 and it is DIFFERENT from any other Whites detector I have used. There is a steeper learning curve. I keep playing with the settings. I noticed more "pilot" error than detector error. Patience, reading, and research on the forum has helped a lot. I would also get a backup detector like I did (MXT All Pro). When the new technology gets frustrating you can go out and relax with an "old school" unit, find coins, and jump back in later.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdigs View Post
    My 2 cents worth: I have a VX3 and it is DIFFERENT from any other Whites detector I have used. There is a steeper learning curve. I keep playing with the settings. I noticed more "pilot" error than detector error. Patience, reading, and research on the forum has helped a lot. I would also get a backup detector like I did (MXT All Pro). When the new technology gets frustrating you can go out and relax with an "old school" unit, find coins, and jump back in later.
    Great advice on the backups. Mine's the M6. A fast, coin grabber. The V-series can test your patience. Good machine but requires a lot of operator proficiency in changing conditions.