Can TREASUREpro be splashed with water?

I don't have a TREASUREpro and I'm very interested in the TREASUREpro.

Can the TREASUREpro be splashed with water? For example: I'm wading in the water of a river/lake/ocean and a wave of water comes along and splashes me and the TREASUREpro, will the TREASUREpro be ruined?

Will the TREASUREpro be ruined if used during heavy rain like during a Flash Flood?

Jordan

Welcome to the forum.
    The TreasurePro has a waterproof coil but the control box is not intended to get wet. I wouldn't want to have it splashed with water. I wipe mine down with a damp cloth after each use with no problems. It's always best to leave the water hunting up to the water machines if you plan on getting anymore than the coil wet.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

The TreasurePro is "water resistant" (not "waterproof"). A "splash" won't kill it, especially if you wipe it down. Hunting in a light rain is OK. I carry plastic bags to slip over the control box of the unit I'm using unless its the BH 300 or the Dual Field.

As Rod noted, coils are waterproof ....

I wouldn't recommend hunting in flash flood conditions with ANY detector !!

Hope this is helpful !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I would bet money that a "splash" of salt water would kill a treasure pro, fresh water not so much but salt water is an electronics killer. I speak from long experience as an old Navy electronics technician. One of our most difficult jobs while on an aircraft carrier was keeping salt away from electronics and electronics away from salt water.

Thanks for the very quick answer's! The information you have shared with me has been most helpful!

No problem. It's nice having you here.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

experience as an old Navy electronics technician. One of our most difficult jobs while on an aircraft carrier

Hey Chief: I did two WesPacs on Connie - CVA-64. VAW-11 Det Delta. I was a "tweet" (AT - Aviation Electronics Tech).

What color shoes did you wear ??
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Hi Fox;
    Brown shoes all the way!
    I did "Weird West Pacs" I was stationed on Guam with VQ-1. The carrier would pick us up once in the area and drop us off on the way back to the States. Did that for 3 years then 3 years more from the Philippines doing basically the same thing. I did time on the Kitty Hawk, Connie, Enterprise, Ranger, Coral Sea and probably a couple others I can't think of off the top my head. I loved it for the most part.

Roger on the brown shoes !!