Eagle 2 SL users

Interested in talking to other members that are familiar with this detector, I recently pick one of these in almost like new condition, there is a lot learn on this machine and want to get as much info on its operation as possible, I did find out it is a 1989 because of the black control box,The A-B-C preset programs and the mixed mode on setting C, the ground balance knob on the front and the Blue Max 950 coil on it.

Thanks in advance and HH,
    Sal Rosa Jr

Welcome Sal !! Your Eagle II SL is a 6.592Khz, single frequency unit. It was a forerunner of the XLT. Suggest you read the manual and get familiar with the features and functions. Then do some field practice. After that, come back to us with some specific questions and we'll do our best to help you !!

Good luck and good hunting ...
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 07-27-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I did download and printout the manual for it and have a basic knowledge of how the unit works, it has the 950 coil on it and I was wondering are there any other coil sizes that I should consider purchasing to use with the unit? I found a used 1500 coil at my local detector dealer that I'm thinking about getting and wanted to get input on if it's worth the investment or not. I read the 5 inch coil is also good to have for high trash areas.

If you plan to do a lot of open-field hunting for relics and the like, the 15 inch coil is a deep seeker on larger objects. Otherwise, I'd stick with the 950 as my "big coil".

A smaller coil is always handy for high trash areas, tot lots, sidewalk edges, etc. If you go for a smaller coil, consider the Blue Max 4X6"DD. It is "surgical" .....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Welcome to the forum Sal.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

I have had the Eagle 1 since new in 1987. Pretty similar machines. I have thousands of hours on mine original new 1 and 1 I bought for a backup.
    Absolutely love it as it as good as anything down to 6 inches. always had factory settings c mode and sensitvity at 4 on mine.

Welcome Sal. I just picked up a used black box Eagle II SL as well. My main detector is the VX3 but I "grew up" on the 6.592Khz machines. I really liked that frequency and found my oldest and deepest coins in the Hudson Valley with the 6000 Di Series 3. I sold a broken Silver Eagle and heard good things about the Eagle II so I sprang for it. Should be picking up an MXT All Pro Monday (as a backup). I don't think there is a White's detector you could go wrong with.