Thread: Classic III

Classic III

I have a classic III it has the factory coil 950 is there any other coil i can use for more depth ? Thanks for any info

Welcome to the forum. This is a detector I'm not too familiar with. I believe the Blue Max coils fit it. Someone will be along with more information soon.
    AKA: Rodney ________ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Welcome to the forum. This is a detector I'm not too familiar with. I believe the Blue Max coils fit it. Someone will be along with more information soon.
    Ya it has the blue max coil thanks

The Blue Max Maxima coil is the largest coil I know of.
    https://www.whiteselectronics.com/pr...coil-6-59-khz/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_787.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	110109
    AKA: Rodney ________ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Your machine is a 6.52Khz unit and uses the following coils: Bluemax 2.56, 3.5, Bluemax 4x6, 5.3, 8” Royal, Bluemax 8”, Bluemax 15”

Hope this is helpful ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Yup thanks

Classic III believer here.... take what you want from this.

The 950 on the classic is top notch. The thing about the III is you
    need to learn to listen well to the audible word, the III with the 950 has been my main and now backup for years. Many times with the sensitivity ran higher and past the triangled P along with the discrimination ran lower than the said P, I have pulled silver deep. Talking 10" deep, seriously and not a fishing story here. The beep will be short, faint and usually in one direction when you get that deep. But after you hear it, listen and make a mental note just as you know what a Honda v/s a ford's horn sounds like. The reaction is in both direction meaning swiping as you first discovered and then rotate 90 and do it again, repeats the same... you have a good one. Cracking or a faint die off on the crispness of the beep and it's a no dig. Cracking can be very suttle, run headphones. High sensitivity, low discrimination means lots of digging but once you get the hang of running the III hot, that 950 runs as deep as you want to dig. Love that detector, proven coin killer.

Everyone wants to go bigger coils, manufacturer such as the lab push theirs hard. But whites from what I've experienced wants detectors that run on original equipment at peak performance as research and development teams are trying to design the best performance as the product exists. Bigger coils aren't the dream they may present on getting deeper. There is a point somewhere around 12-13" that it just don't get much betta.