Sinagraph resolution

Hi folks . I'm a v3 user and I've found a great deal on a dfx I would like to buy for my son . One question I have is on the signagraph. On my v I can select the resolution of the bars be it 1 vdi =1bar or 3vdi=1bar bar etc . I think the default is 5 . Anyway does anyone know what it is for the dfx. 5 perhaps? Thx in advance
    Last edited by PostalTwo; 07-14-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation
    low and slow is the way to go!

I don't remember every hearing a number assigned to the SignaGraph resolution for DFX. I even dug up a copy of Mark Rowan's Engineering Report and it wasn't mentioned there, nor did I see it in Jeff Foster's "Digging Deeper With The DFX".

DFX users were "taught" to look at the SignaGraph for "consistency". EG: If a target has a number of bars "clustered" around a VDI that matches the VDI number on the screen (+/- 5 VDI numbers), then there was a high likelihood that the target was correctly identified. However, if the SignaGraph has bars all across the screen (known as "smearing"), then the target was most likely large / deep iron. An example is a "smeared" SignaGraph with a VDI in the 80 - 90+ range. That's generally "wrap" from large / deep iron.

I'll send this to Whites. Maybe someone from the "olden days" will know / remember what the SignaGraph resolution is. Again, the "key" is the presentation; clustered vs smeared.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

One thing to note is if you have tone ID on, and opened up to include everything down to -88 or so, you can "Hear" the the SignaGraph.. no need to even look at it most times. Of course this gets noisy and that bothers a lot of folks..

I believe 5 VDI numbers = one block.

Howard

Thanks Howard .... !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thanks Howard.
    AKA: Rodney ________ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Quote Originally Posted by showard View Post
    I believe 5 VDI numbers = one block.

Howard
    Thanks howard
    low and slow is the way to go!