10" DD or 13" Detech Coil?

A couple of old sites I am working have had new soil put over old (about 6 inches). I need more depth (don't we all). Which would be a better choice for my VX3; the 10" D2 coil or the 13" Detech coil?

I would use the U13. I get great depth and good separation...
    Just Swing and Dig......(einfach Zu schwingen und graben......)

Wow, this is a tough one. I'm not sure how trashy your sites are but I like the 10"DD for most of my homestead hunting. I love the White's 10"DD coil so much because it's made by White's but then the Detech 13"DD gets about the same depth, has good separation, and it covers a lot of ground fast. I use the Detech 13"DD for field hunting usually but I have used it in areas where the trash wasn't too bad. One other thing about the Detech coil is it loves EMI more than the 10"DD. From my experience with old homesteads and the trash that's usually there, I'd probably go for the 10"DD or the 6x10"DD coil.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    AKA: Rodney ________ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Life's a trade-off. If your area is REALLY trashy, the 10"DD is your ticket. If its fairly clean, you'll cover more ground and get a bit more depth with the 13"DD.

Overall, all things considered, I'd always opt for the OEM 10"DD. Better build quality, a more substantial coil, better separation and IMHO, just a better overall product.

I own 'em both. The 10"DD stays on my machine ....

JMHO
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

I am hunting a 1725 and 1825farmsteads. I want to kid myself but theareas are heavy in trash. I get a lot ofred frequencies in VDI ranges I would expect to find silver coins and many red-95 and +95s. I am running the customdemo program I posted in an earlier thread (see attached) but with the 6x10instead of the 950. I donít want to dialback the sensitivity. I would ratherhear it all and not risk missing anything (but may have to). I have the 6x10DD and that has helped withslower sweeps. Using the 6x10 on thelast outing, I did get down past the trash to 6 inches for a 1913 wheatie. I am just looking for a compromise. Sounds like the 10Ē may be the way to go fromwhat you all are saying.
    Attached Files Attached Files