beach hunter ID 300 or dual field PI

Hi,
    This is my first post on the forum, as I am considering buying either of the above, either of which would be my first Whites detector.
    I have the option of buying either machine new or used.

I currently have a Cscope CS4PI for the wet beach, and a Garrett AT Pro for dry and sometimes wet sand (not the best for wet sand).
    Can anyone advise me on whether the Beach Hunter ID 300 is good enough to replace both?
    I know it has no ID numbers or notching, but I consider both overated.

Also, what is the advantage of the dual field on the PI. I know that the 300 is a VLF and the other is a pulse induction machine. Do the controls on the PI give an help with ID of targets?

They both look good machines.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum !!

To answer your questions: The Beach Hunter and Dual Field units are "purpose built" for the beach. Neither will replace both your detectors in a manner that you would be happy with.

Your CScope PI unit is akin to the Dual Field PI. No target ID available.
    The Beach Hunter 300 provides only rudimentary Target ID.

If you want one machine that will replace both, take a good luck at the MX Sport. It is waterproof to 10 feet, provides excellent target ID and performs well in both water and land environments.

If you want to replace ONE of your units, I'd recommend you look at the Dual Field PI and hang on to your land machine.

JMHO. Hope this is helpful !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thanks for that.

Can you explain what the "dual field" is on the PI, and how it would effect performance, given that my Cscope PI will not have this?

Welcome to the forum.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Two coils ... 6" for small targets, 12" for larger, deeper stuff ....

Quote Originally Posted by UKDigger View Post
    Thanks for that.

Can you explain what the "dual field" is on the PI, and how it would effect performance, given that my Cscope PI will not have this?
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.