Hunting in lawton,ok

Just started the hobby in April me and the wife got some detectors and we have been getting every chance we get. Would be nice to know someone in our area with some experience so we can learn a little more and make hunting buddies.

That's great the wife does some detecting too. It's a sweet family activity to do together. I hunt with many family members. Just be careful, metal detecting is very addictive once you start to find good targets. All you start to do is eat, sleep, and think metal detecting. You seem to remember all your first good finds too. The first silver coin gets burned into your memory forever. You will get questioned by your friends, "why do you love this metal detecting so much?" Many you will introduce metal detecting to just won't get it. All they see is the trash and not the good stuff. One thing about detecting, it's not easy because the good targets you will work to find. It's just like fishing, you have good days and bad but you still keep doing it because you know there's still fish in the water. There will always be good targets to find. If it's not an old target it will be a newer one. People lose things every day. It might be clad or it might be a gold ring but you will never run out of things to find. Metal detecting is an awesome hobby, no doubt about it. Well good luck and happy hunting.
    AKA: Rodney _______ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Yes it is pretty nice to always have a hunting buddy she was kinda ify about the whole thing at first especially when I showed her the price tag of the mx sport lol. But there is a little local dealer so we stoped by to pick his brain a little he showed us some old finds of his and he just so happened to have a brand new coinmaster that he sold me 125 so I bought for my wife and we went hunting a local park and when we hunting we would take turns swinging after awhile she didn't want to give it up she was hooked and has been ever since so the blow of getting my mx sport was a lot less painful(mission accomplished) lol but I already do eat sleep and drink metal detecting now I'm always looking at YouTube forums and getting out everyday I'm off and just recently started watching the hit tv show diggers. We love it!

Diggers? I have every season saved on my DVR, my daughter loves it. It's an interesting show. Those guys are... well... nuts. I know when I find a gold ring, I feel like jumping out of my pants but I don't. These guys just don't care what others think I guess. It's a fun show to watch. As for YouTube, there's an endless amount of videos to watch. Some good and some bad but you'll learn something from them. The forum is where I learned my machine. The V3i has a ton of settings to understand.

The first detector I bought was an MXT, and the very first thing I found, within minutes of turning the machine on, was a gold ring

Talk about setting the hook!
    Since then my expectations have moderated a bit but I'm still out there every chance I get because, like Forest Gump said, "You never know what you're gonna get"
    One Man's Trash...........is What I usually Find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / (waiting on White's new flagship)

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !

Hope you find a buddy !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Joe, that would definitely set a hook. I'm not sure what got me hooked. My first few years I used a Bounty Hunter 3300 and I wasn't finding anything but coins. I think I was more amused by how a machine could detect small coins so deep in the ground and how it ID'ed it before I dug it. After I got my V3i, gold was popping out of the ground in places I already hunted including my own property. You started out with the MXT, a super machine to start with.

There is nothing quite like digging up a really old coin or relic and pondering the world and life for those that dropped it. Addictive..... yeah, no kidding..... it's crazy...

Hope you find someone to hunt with....
    Just Swing and Dig......(einfach Zu schwingen und graben......)

I'm just started too near your place, i hope we will good hunt

Welcome to the forum Kalotes

Welcome Kalotes !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.