Likes and Dislikes on the 6 x 10 or 8 x 14 Concentric coils for the GMT ?

Just like to know how you all feel about them ? Any Issues ? Thank You.

HF

6X10" = Great. 8X14" = BRICK. It'll wear you out in a hurry and IMHO is too big for nugget hunting. JMHO
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by deolslyfox View Post
    6X10" = Great. 8X14" = BRICK. It'll wear you out in a hurry and IMHO is too big for nugget hunting. JMHO
    What he said.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
    a pretty and well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside,
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
    WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Thankz again.

If you have huge body builder arms , the 8 X14 ain't bad, as for the rest of us, Fagetabout it
    GMT, MXT All Pro

I haven't used the big one, but the 6 x 10 has a bit of an edge on the DD, but is noisier. I'm planning on buying the 6" concentric to cut the noise but still provide some small gold sensitivity.
    Jim

A While back I imported these two coils from the US where the Goldmaster 6x10 is extremely hot when max'd out the 14" Concentric lacks the tiny Gold abilities and it behaves more like a DD when it comes to seeing small/Tiny Nuggets Unlike modern Concentric Coils within the Whites Range and the depth seems on par with the 6x10's, This is one Coil that Whites needs to Update, where as the 6x10 Concentric is about as hot as a Coil can be when max'd out, So much so that it would be good if Whites could re-release to 6x10 Concentric Coils because many folks say how well their older Gold masters perform, When I added one of the GM II Coils to my GMT it really Transforms the GMT, As in it can see bits that can not be weighed,

I have mentioned this to some of you in the past but one thing I need to add is that I run my machine very hot and that is why my results differ from those that some of you have found, Personally I have found that once you use this setup I believe that nothing on the market can match it.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoJim View Post
    I haven't used the big one, but the 6 x 10 has a bit of an edge on the DD, but is noisier. I'm planning on buying the 6" concentric to cut the noise but still provide some small gold sensitivity.
    Jim
    Yeah Jim it is a Sparky little devil, another thing I like about the concentrics is they ID Iron better, With the MXT on larger Iron with a DD I have to set the Disc up around 6 or 7+ But with the Concentrics I can run the Disc around 3 or 4 on larger bits, So that is something else to consider when deciding as to which Coil to use.

John.