Depth, Size vrs. Diameter

I'm using a TM 800 and getting a 25' diameter signal on a target.
    Could this mean that the target is approx. 12' at depth or could it mean that I have hit on a huge target at shallow depth?
    I have a high water table to contend with and would like to know if it is more likely the target is deep or could be a large target at shallow depth before excavation. If it is deep, then a water pump and logistical preparation will be needed. Thanks

Welcome to the forum !! I'll send your question to an expert !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Welcome to the forum.
    AKA: Rodney ________ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

It is difficult to tell if it is a huge shallow target, or an even larger deep target.

In the manual setting (no auto)... Mark the edge, walk 15 feet away, hit the rest button on the grip and walk toward the marked edge. When the beep comes on, the distance from that point to the marked point is the likely depth.

Howard

That's a great tip Howard !! Thanks much !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Yes sir, that's pretty much what I did. I criss crossed over the target numerous times, marking the end of the tone of each pass with a stick, thereby making a well marked 25 foot diameter circle. Which if divided by 1/2, would make for an approx. depth of 12 1/2 feet. Due to a high water table in the area, I am extremely suspicious that the target would be roughly 8 feet below the water table, hence the reason for my question "possible large target at shallow depth".

Thank you Mr. Rodney, much obliged.

Mr. Showard, you mentioned on another thread "Unless the water is salt water, or contains an unusual high degree of chemical fertilizers (Silver Nitrates), it will have no influence regarding a signal with the 808", could you please be more specific?
    I am dealing with land in extremely close proximity to this particular project i.e. "high water table" and am curious in regards to your statement. Example, if there was a buried object that contained salt water in it, would it cause an increased signal in the TM 808?
    Thank you for your assistance in this important matter.