Recent treasures and Gold ring with Diamonds!!? 0.o

I'm quite new here and only been detecting a few months now. I've been working 40 hours a week and that doesn't leave too much time for this hobby but I do my best to squeeze in an hour or so a day on average.

I'm up to 11 silver coins total now, 7 mercs, 2 rosies, 2 war nickles. I've yet to get my first silver quarter and I've dug dozens of quarters 5-6 inches deep thinking it's silver and it turns up in the late 60's usually 65 Got me 1 silver ring and 1 silver ear ring.

Today (well yesterday as it's 2.a.m now) I got me my 2nd gold ring (14k) and WOW is it a chunky one! with 10 stones (diamonds!) the one in the center is bigger then the rest. I'll get this to a jeweler to make sure it's real diamonds and get it appraised. Right after I found it my rechargeable batteries died and I had to get ready for work anyway. Showed some fellow associates at work and the manager at work said her son is a Jeweler at Kay's in the mall and she called him up and he came over to take a look. He says it looks legitimate, said I could probably get $700 and they would sell something like that for $2,000. He also said the bigger one in the middle maybe 1/3 carat although he had nothing to measure or test the diamonds so I'll have to make an appointment or something and get this thing checked out and find out if it's real and what I might be able to get for it.

It says gem-art 14k and the section holding all the stones looks white and near there I see a P.

So thought I'd share this awesome find and am I crazy thinking this could be worth $1,000? maybe more? I'd like to hear what you guys think and I'll keep you posted once I find out more from a jeweler.

Sorry about pictures, gopro isn't ideal for this...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1970.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	108574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1975.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	108577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1974.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	108576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1975.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	108577
    Gook luck and HH!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1978.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	108575  
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 11-13-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Good hit !! If the jeweler says its worth $700, you can easily tack on another $300 for a "private sale". He told you it would retail for $2000. A "grand in the hand" isn't a bad day's digging. Done it more than once myself.

Here's a case where one find can pay for your detector !! Even if you're running a V3i, that sure knocks a big chunk out of the cost of your machine !!

BZ !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Good haul there --- your machine is paying for itself already

Great start to the hobby. Congrats on the gold ring and silver. The ring is a beauty
    Growing old is not for sissies.I thought it would take longer to get old.

Welcome. You're getting a good start in a great hobby. Congratulations on the gold.

Congrats on the nice finds. It's good to hear you're doing well in the hobby. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your finds. Happy hunting.
    AKA: Rodney ________ Detectors Used:
    ___________________White's Spectra V3i with DX-1
    ___________________White's TreasurePro
    ___________________Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300

Quite a great hunt. Congrats.

Here's a case where one find can pay for your detector !! Even if you're running a V3i, that sure knocks a big chunk out of the cost of your machine !!

BZ !!
    I'm loving my VX3 but I sure can use a backup detector. If I can sell this close to a grand I'll use the money to get me a new MXsport, then I'll have a couple of the best land and water detectors available on the market.

I was at work all day today but on my half hour break I walked over to Kay's and they confirmed it's real and 1 carat in diamonds(bigger one maybe 1/3), weighs 10 grams. The diamond pattern is called the Kentucky swirl. They gave me a lead to where I maybe able to sell it so I'll check around when I can and maybe eventually I'll sell it "private sale" but this could take awhile. Once I cash this in I'm using the money for a MXsport. Then I can invite a brother/friend out with me when I go detecting Good luck to all and happy hunting.

Congrats on the ring, nice on the mercs...
    Just Swing and Dig......(einfach Zu schwingen und graben......)

You're doing pretty darn good for someone just starting out. Congratulations and keep at it. I hope you get top dollar for that ring. LTD

great score on the ring and the handful of silver
    If the bass ain't biting, I'm scratchin for silver

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great start to a great hobby. Looks like your VX3 is getting paid for quickly... .

You're off to a great start, congrats on all the great finds!!
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Nice ring find.... great group of dimes... like'em.
    If you live by your principles, you won't have to eat them.