White's Featured Customer Stories
Another great find found with the XLT Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt Came behind a metal detecting club and found 1866 Two Cent Piece Holy Cow! I really did it today!

Thread: Bummer And Lazarus

Detectors
    White's Spectra V3i. Eagle Spectrum. Bullseye and Garrett Pinpointers. Pro Star and Spectra Sound Head Phones. Super 12, 4X6 Eclipse and DD Coils.

Bummer And Lazarus

Digging around the web is like digging for treasure, you never know what you will find.

In a recent post someone had used the word "Bummer". I was wondering about the origins of the word. Looks to be Germanic in origin. The search had also led me to the history of 1840s San Francisco. During this period, stray dogs outnumbered people almost two to one. The antics of dogs were foder for stories, newspaper articles and cartoons.

One of the main characters was "Bummer" , a Newfounland cross. His BFF was Lazarus. It was a difficult and sometimes dangerous life, living on the streets. Lazarus had proved to be a good scraper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bummerandlazarus2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	96682
    Keep Digging In The Dirt

Detectors
    VX3 w/950 coil,6x10 coil,4x6coil,Prizm 5G, Bullseye II
    No telling what you may find on the WWW.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    The web is full of surprises ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.