White's Featured Customer Stories
Thanks again White's Burlington Northern Rail Road Buckle So many coins Silver and Gold together 1st gold of the year

Thread: Dfx?

Dfx?

hello, i've been useing my xlt for quite a long time. right from the start i used the factory programs and had very little problems with depth and finding coins and relics. i was thinking about getting a DFX but from what i've read i have reservations. there's even a dedicated forum just for the DFX? are the preinstalled programs any good? i'm reading about depth problems with it and just so many programs sent in by users makes me wonder why. anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Detectors
    Colonial Relic Hunting with the DFX and TDI sl
    i originally went from an xlt to the dfx , it was a pretty smooth transition but i found that the dfx is a bit more chattery than the very smooth running xlt. i wanted a machine that was better on the beach ( which the dfx is and hardly any falsing on the wet sand) . the dfx is in my opinion a bit deeper than the xlt when properly tuned ( but not using the stock programs as they are pretty conservative) and the machine has a few more features that help .
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." George Washington
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best finds - George Washington Inaugural Button
    early U.S. militia hat plate
    6 coin colonial copper spill (4x 1787 fugios , 1774 machin mill ,1788 NJ )

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    +1 for what Del said .... And I'll add that the reason for "so many programs" is that DFX will allow you to tailor its performance to your style of hunting and your particular patch. What you are seeing are those programs / setups that have performed well for others, and demonstrates the flexibility offered by DFX ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    XLT, DFX 300/DX-1, BH300, Prizm 6T bullseye II
    +1 on what Del and Fox have said. The DFX is a better machine than the XLT with more options to explore. I went from the XLT to the DFX and don't regret one second of it.
    Steve

E Series XLT, DFX 300/DX-1, BH300, Prizm 6T
    Bullseye II

thanks everyone!!! i know that when i tweeked my XLT i moved away from the presets. it did take some time and practice, trial and error but was worth it. i just might bite the bullet and get the DFX and from what i've read, the 6x10DD coil as well. thanks again for all your help! george

Detectors
    DFX(2) 4x6DD, 6x12DD, 10DD, 950
    Your making a very good decision.

Paul in NC

Quote Originally Posted by geajr View Post
    thanks everyone!!! i know that when i tweeked my XLT i moved away from the presets. it did take some time and practice, trial and error but was worth it. i just might bite the bullet and get the DFX and from what i've read, the 6x10DD coil as well. thanks again for all your help! george
    " ... one man gathers, what another man spills." - Song: St. Stephen, Artist: Grateful Dead

Detectors
    White's V3i, DFX & XL Pro, Minelab Sovereign & Excalibur
    If you get thew DFX go with the 6x10 it takes alot of chatter out and for a small coil go with the 4x6.

Detectors
    Troy Shadow X2 w/Super 7 and Super 9 coils. Whites TRX pinpointer
    I went from the Spectrum (basically an XLT) to the DFX and it took me about a day to transition and now I wouldn't look back. I like the dual frequency and being able to swing the detector slower and get good depth. I had to swing my Spectrum like a weedeater to get good depth. I don't think you would be disappointed in the DFX and if you get V-rated coils for the DFX then you will have coils for an upgrade if you decide to do that. I don't see myself upgrading to the V3i. I used a friend of mine's on Monday for a while and the weight difference was quite noticable and I don't believe that I need the extra bells and whistles. I didn't find anything that my DFX would not have found. Good luck with your decision. The XLT is a good machine but I do believe the DFX is an upgrade !!

Detectors
    DFX300 with the 12'' coil, 9.5 coil, 6x10 coil, 4x6 shooter coil, and the Sun Ray DX-1 probe, Lesche Digging Tool.
    Went from the MXT to the DFX and love it
    I would rather be lucky then good....

1st Cor. Chapter 13

Horse Sense Is The Result Of Stable Thinking

Jim

Silver Member
    Detectors
    DFX, Coinmaster GT, Quantum XT, 9.5", Super12 & 4x6 Shooter coils, Bullseye II P. Pointer.
    I got a DFX after 30 years without a detector. I quickly found that what the DFX users were saying was true. You have to study the manual and modify the programs for the search conditions. The Digging Deeper book by Jeff Forrester is indispensable in understanding how the DFX works and program adjustments. After using the preset programs for months without much finds, I started making adjustments to the pro programs and WOW, I found coins in areas I had previously searched. You would not go wrong with the DFX if you are willing to put a few hrs in learning the machine.
    If God needed our money, there would only be relic hunters.

Detectors
    DFX, Golden uMax, Eldorado, Troy X5
    I do agree with what the others have said regarding the DFX being a bit more noisy than the XLT. But even with the XLT “tweaked” I was getting slightly more depth using the factory programs with very few changes on the DFX. You will go through a bit of a learning curve because of the greater number of settings available on the DFX but there are programs here on this site which you can try.
    Congratulations if you go this route.
    Bruce
    BW

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    ++++++++ on what the other said. Most programs only need slight tweaking to make them work good in your soil.. If you get a program all out wack, just reload it and start over until you find what works. There's nothing you can do to hurt a factory loaded program..Unless it's in EEPROM...
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40