Thread: Coinmaster CM#4 - Battery Connection :Q

Detectors
    Goldmaster TR, Coinmaster 4, Compass Relic Magnum, Smart Tracker XR8, Detectron 7T

Coinmaster CM#4 - Battery Connection :Q

The Coinmaster CM#4 has 2 battery pack connections, usually one black and one white for a 6 & 8 pack of "AA's". Someone has apparently cut the battery holders off the wires from the detector. I am trying to find out which of these 2 black and red wires connect up to the 8 pack and which connects to the 6 pack. I can see clearly into the detector and the wires are long enough and also connected inside. If someone knows what the 8 pak or 6 pak connects to inside, I can figure out the rest. I just don't want to make a 50/50 guess which wire set is for the 12v and 9v. What board is each wired to?

Thanx
    If I told you where I found it, I'd have to kill you.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    Hang on - I PM'd the experts for you .... OR, you can simply get the 9V pack and connect it to one set of the leads with the 9V battery check position selected. You can't hurt anything as you'll either connect the 9V pack to the 9V leads or the 9V pack to the 12V leads.

If the meter moves, you'll know you have the 9V pack leads selected ....

Here's the Owner's Guide:
    http://media.whiteselectronics.com/m...n%20Manual.pdf

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Goldmaster TR, Coinmaster 4, Compass Relic Magnum, Smart Tracker XR8, Detectron 7T
    Thanks, yes it was helpful. I should of realized that test myself about using the lower voltage pack and moving the switch to 9 volt test mode to locate the correct wire. Thanks for dislodging my brain from temporary dork mode, lol
    If I told you where I found it, I'd have to kill you.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    Welcome. Hope you're all hooked up and workin' !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.