White's Featured Customer Stories
Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt Two Cavalry swords found with my DFX Whites MXT AllPro gets me a 1794 Liberty Cap Holy Cow! I really did it today! Came behind a metal detecting club and found

Thread: Running hotter than a $2.00 pistol a couple days ago..... sounded like a jitterbug today.... all day

Detectors
    DFX 300 & MXT Pro

Running hotter than a $2.00 pistol a couple days ago..... sounded like a jitterbug today.... all day

A couple days ago at the farm site, I ran my MXT full gain, zero discrimination, ran as smooth as polished glass. I ran the DFX equally hot and it was just as smooth, and they were hitting deep.

Today, in the same location, I had to turn the MXT way back on gain and first triangle on DISC, and it was still noisy. I tried the DFX, same story, noisy noisy noisy, I tried different coils also, same results. Both detectors were noisy every where I went today, despite throttling down the gain and raising the discrimination.

The DFX may have some tricks to remedy that, which I have yet to learn and remember, AC sensitivity perhaps? I thought maybe solar flares could be the culprit causing this today. I thought it was the wind turbine since it was running full bore today, but when it happened away from the turbine field, that got me thinking about flares.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farm site lilac bush.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	89078  
    If you live by your principles, you won't have to eat them.

Detectors
    V3i, DFX, M6 - Coils: Super 12, 10DD, 950, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 10X12SEF, 6"DD --- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, SpectraSound & Whites/Koss Phones, Lesche Digger
    Some tricks on DFX are lowering PAG and maybe AC sens, using 15khz single freq, smaller coil.

Detectors
    DFX, MXT Pro, MXT
    Supposed to be a real "bad" year for solar flares.....I doubt that windmill in the pic helps either.....pure shame to have to hunt around that....

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    If its EMI, running in 15Khz mode and dropping PAG are the two "treatments of choice" .... Using a smaller coil, if available is also a help.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    sound like EMI we hunt a place were cell phone tower is some day it a killer
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Solar or EMI from the wind turbine could be your problem.. You could get EMI from the turbine 1/2 mile away or more.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40